Return

Y'all wanted a part 2 to my Comparisons oneshot, so here it is!

Pacifica walked downstairs and headed for the kitchen, in search for something for her daughter, Angel, who had gotten a rash. When she entered the kitchen, a frown appeared on her face. Dipper was sitting at the table reading a newspaper. His usual attire was on, his amulet, gone. His hair was still messy but he looked exactly the way he did five years ago. Pacifica frowned deeply and crossed her arms over her chest before walking in next to him. "Well, the prodigy returns, how'd you get in?"

Dipper didn't even look up from the paper. "Interesting paper." He murmured.

"I repeat," Pacifica snatched the newspaper and tossed it in the recycling bin. "How'd you get in?"

He lifted his hand off the table and under it, laid a key. "I used to live here, you know."

"You could have knocked." Pacifica suggested.

"I did, no one answered, so I used my key." Dipper explained, "you know this is my house."

"Was your house!" Pacifica scoffed and walked over to the cabinet, swinging it open, glad to put a screen between them for now. She brought down a box where Mabel kept a basic first aid kit. Band Aids, scissors, antiseptic ointments. Nothing she'd ideally use for Angel, but useful props to maintain her composure. She closed the cupboard door and turned to face him. That moment of hidden calm had helped her a lot.

"Mommy, are you coming yet?" Angel's voice drifted down the stairs.

"In a minute, sweetie, just stay there."  Pacifica hoped that Angel would listen and stay put.

Dipper's gaze settled on the tube Pacifica was holding. "Problem?"

"She has a rash on her back. Don't act like you care."

"She's my daughter, too, remember?"

A small volcanic rush of emotion tried to escape through Pacifica's mouth. She clamped her tongue and let the anger out physically, pushing the first aid box aside, almost knocking over a wooden block of knives. "The front door sticks. Make sure you close it tight when you leave."

She turned abruptly, but had hardly taken a step when he said, "I couldn't help what happened to me, Paz."

Somehow his voice seemed to clamp her to the spot. "I went there to protect you and Mabel. How could I have known what was waiting for me there?"

Shivers. Why did he make her shiver? She turned fiercely and addressed him again. "Five years you were gone."

"I didn't know that."

"Five Christmases, five birthdays, five Fathers Days, five....Valentine's." Five letters, she was thinking bitterly, remembering how she'd always written one to him on that day mid-February, the anniversary of his apparent 'death'. "And then you just turn up out of nowhere?!"

"I couldn't help it," he repeated. "I was taken into a place where time is meaningless."

"Not to me," she forced her pretty face forward. "Just go, Dipper. Disappear into your weird messed up world. Leave me alone to look after my child."

"I can't. She's part of this."

"Part of what?" Pacifica frowned and looked at Dipper. "Is this what you are now: king of all beings? Dominion over any magical thing in this world? What's it like being up there on a level with it?"

"Like breathing in several degrees of the sun." Dipper murmured, softly. "This world is on the edge of a change. And I have to make sure that the magic that comes in isn't destructive."

Pacifica snorted. "What brand of science fiction is this?"

"Neither fiction nor science." Dipper explained. "Think about it-you live in an extraordinary household. With one Demon, a psychic, and a daughter with the power of telekinesis."

"And your point being?" Pacifica put her hands on her hips.

"My point is, you can't keep it out of Angel's life. But you can help me keep her away from danger. No matter what you feel about me being a parent, isn't her safety our first priority?" He asked.

"Mommy! Are you coming?" Angel called again.

"Yes, darling. I'm on my way!" Pacifica didn't want to acknowledge the fact that Dipper had said 'our' but she knew that he was right. "Alright, what is it you want? Because I know for a fact that you didn't come here to discuss custody agreements."

"I need to know where Bill is." Dipper said in a hushed tone. "My sources say that he's starting something we could all potentially die from."

"And what might that be?"

"Something I like to call, Weirdmageddon." Dipper explained. "Look, it's completely harmless if he doesn't enter our reality."

"And if he does?"

Dipper chose not to answer that question. Pacifica frowned and heaved a sigh, "I don't know where Bill is. He disappeared after...after you-"

"Died?" Dipper offered.

But Pacifica gave him a scowl. "Alright I'll consult the Journal and find Bill. But what happens after?"

"Just get his location and leave the rest to me." Dipper  said.

A child's gasp broke the conversation there and Angel came running to join her father. "Daddy!" She jumped onto his lap, her towel sliding off her head. Dipper gathered the towel and patted Angel's hair.

"How are you, sweetheart?"

Angel grinned, "clean and sparkly!"

"Did you wash behind your ears?" Dipper asked.

"Yes."

"And between your toes?"

"Yes!"

"And up your nose?"

"Daddy!" Angel giggled and beat her fist on Dipper's leg laughing the whole time.

Pacifica watching this, began to feel another, deeper, form of betrayal. One that amounted to a kind of exclusion. How could Dipper and Angel bond so well together? How could this man walk into her life and override five years of diligent motherhood? As if he could do no wrong? Pacifica frowned and walked away from her daughter and the Mystery Dipper. If Dipper planned to stay, Pacifica would have to get used to this.

And that was going to be difficult.

♡♥♡♥♡

Tada! Hope y'all enjoyed this! Also...believe it or not, this is my 69 update!

*laughs because of number*

See you guys in my next update!