Opposites Attract

This was requested a looooong time ago but I have no organized schedule so, have it now. Hope y'all enjoy!

"You told me that you didn't believe in Magic." Dipper shook his head and took a seat on a nearby bolder. "You told me that it wasn't real."

Pacifica already felt the tears welling up in her eyes. It was never meant to go this far. She wasn't supposed to feel this way.

Wasn't supposed to meet him.

"But what?" He suddenly asked. "You possess magical abilities because you're a demon?"

"You say it like it's a bad thing." Pacifica whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He repeated.

"It was never supposed to go this far, Dipper." She promised, reaching out to him.

He swiftly retracted his hand, "what wasn't supposed to go this far?"

"I wasn't supposed to meet you." She replied. "I wasn't supposed to get this close to you."

"Oh?" He stood up abruptly. "Let me guess, it wasn't part of your plan in some cliché way?"

"I was just supposed to find out who was using magic and take it away." Pacifica finally said. "Humans aren't supposed to wield magic. Their minds can't comprehend what magic does. And they use it for their personal gain."

"I know the costs." He said through clenched teeth. "Believe it or not, I'm not one to dive into things headfirst without a plan of attack."

"Do you know how dangerous magic can be?" Pacifica fumed.

"Looking at you, I'm positive I know." Dipper frowned.

"You're being irrational!" Pacifica sighed.

"I think this is a pretty calm reaction for someone who just figured out they were lied to." He stated.

"Dipper you don't understand how this works. Magic can keep a strong hold on the mind, if you aren't careful, it can attach itself." She explained. "And as soon as you're Linked, when the source of your magic breaks, you die with it."

"I'm aware of the consequences." Dipper said.

"You knew this?" Pacifica shook her head. "You knew this and accepted the risks?"

"What does it matter?" Dipper groaned. "I would have done anything to get her back, even if finding the answer killed me."

"Why?"

"Because it was my fault she was killed in the first place." Dipper covered his face with his hands. "You have no idea the mental toll this has on me."

He wasn't as angry anymore, and Pacifica wanted immediately to rush to his side. "What happened?"

"I made a bad deal." Dipper explained softly. "Well, it wasn't bad for me, but I thought I had my opponents trapped in a box. Later that night they broke into Gleeful Manor and killed who they thought was me."

"But it wasn't you. . ." She whispered.

"It was too dark," he murmured. "They saw a flash of blue eyes and assumed it was me." Dipper turned to face her, now tears collecting in his eyes. "They killed my sister for my mistake. I'll never be able to live that down."

"Dipper," Pacifica said.

"You don't understand the lengths I was willing to go to solve this." Dipper walked a few paces away from her. "How far I would have went to bring her back."

"Even dying?" She whispered.

"Even dying." Dipper promised. "I would have, it should have been me. Not her."

"People don't come back the same, after they die." Pacifica warned him. "I have to stop you."

He turned to look at her. "I'm sorry, Pacifica, but this is my sister. You can try to stop me all you want. But I'm not going to quit until I make things right."

And after he said those words, he walked away, and he was soon lost behind the trees.

Pacifica sat down on the ground and struggled to understand everything that just happened. She believed she was getting close to ending his obsession, but no.

He was willing to destroy everything to bring her back. Pacifica almost admired his dedication, but it was misplaced.

Dipper was willing to wreck havoc on the whole world, on the off chance he'd get his sister back.

The Order would have to hear about this. After all, it was Pacifica who suggested they take it slow first and try to stop the boy without violence.

The poor boy was going to start a war. Unfortunately, it meant whatever love she had for him had to be set aside.

For they would be fighting on opposite sides for this bloody war.