Masquerade

Requested by HardyTwister hope y'all enjoy!

"This has to go without a hitch." Mabel click clacked over to her brother who was fiddling with his amulet. "Brother dear, the guests are going to be here any minute!" Mabel fretted. "Go change!"

"I kind of like this-"

"Go. Change." Mabel repeated, slower.

"Fine." Dipper heaved a sigh and proceeded to his room to change. "Stupid masquerade ball."

***

"Urgh, Gideon, why do we have to go to this stupid masquerade ball?" Pacifica slumped onto her bed and stared at the ceiling.

"Because it's the biggest party this town will ever see!" He exclaimed, "and I wanna be there!"

"But honestly," Pacifica frowned, "I doubt this party will be worth it. Gideon, it's being hosted by the freaking Gleefuls!"

"So? We'll just avoid them." He sounded like he had planned this two weeks ago.

"Yeah, but even if I try to avoid one of the twins, he finds me right away." Pacifica murmured, thinking about Dipper Freaking Arrogant Gleeful. "He perturbes me."

Gideon paused and wrinkled his nose. "Perturbes? Paz, why can't you just say 'pisses'?" He asked.

"Because I prefer not to." Pacifica explained. "Now how am I supposed to go to this thing? I don't have anything to wear!"

"Hmm." Gideon hummed as he walked over to a desk. He pulled a wallet out of this desk and snatched out a credit card. "My father said that this was for an emergency." He explained, with Pacifica giving him a confused look. "This is definitely an emergency."

***

"I dunno, can I see this in another color?"

"Stop being stubborn." Mabel rolled her eyes at her brother, as she held up a red tie. "You're not wrong here, red is definitely not your color." Mabel tossed the tie on Dipper's bed and fussed more with his outfit.

"Mabel, stop being fussy, I can dress myself in the proper attire." He promised, pushing his sister out of his room, "and besides, shouldn't you be focused on the ball?"

That one phrase, sent Mabel sprinting down the stairs to the ball room. Dipper chuckled, pleased with himself, and continued to look for a tie. I might just have to go with my amulet. He thought, holding it tightly in his hand. But what about..... he turned to his closet and pulled out a black tie. "That's better." Dipper murmured, and he quickened fashioned it around his neck and adjusted it. He looked at the clock on his wall, "time to put on a show."

***

"Please don't tell me that I have to wear heels!" Pacifica exclaimed, pointing at the shoes. "These will be the death of me, Gideon!"

"Calm down." Gideon rolled his eyes teasingly, "you'll have to since we can't find flats in your size."

"Are you saying I have big feet?" She gasped.

"What?! No! I'm saying that they either have super big flats, or tiny ones!" He explained.

Pacifica crossed her arms over her chest and sighed. "Now what about the.. .the dress."