He's An Asshole

Requested by @unknown4664 hope y'all enjoy!

Also. . .

"Mother, Father," Pacifica greeted them as she walked into the main hall

"Mother, Father," Pacifica greeted them as she walked into the main hall. "Why did you want to see me?"

"Well, the Princess and Prince of the kingdom across the way are coming to stay here for a month." Her father noted. "Including your betrothed."

Pacifica groaned and rolled his eyes. "Not the asshole."

"Pacifica Elise," her mother gasped. "It's to help our kingdoms."

"Then why didn't we marry off my cousin to them, huh?" Pacifica demanded.

"Because they're not of a royal bloodline." Her father reminded her. "I don't understand why you're making such a big deal about this."

"It's because I don't want to throw my life away in a marriage I don't care about." She frowned.

"Pacifica, it's out of the question." Her mother sighed. "This marriage is happening no matter what."

"Your Highnesses," a royal advisor walked into the room. "They're here."

Pacifica frowned and took her seat on the left side of her father. Although she maintained her cool composure, on the inside she was fuming as the two walked in.

Of course the asshole had a smug grin on his face. As if he was plotting revenge of some sort. What would he have revenge for, who the hell knew.

"Ah, wonderful." Priscilla said, clapping her hands together. "I trust you had a safe boat ride over?"

"Indeed," the girl who looked like Pacifica's future husband said. "Now, where shall we be staying?"

"Our servants shall lead you to your room, Miss Mabel," Preston stated, "But I'm afraid your brother will have to stay for a moment."

Mabel nodded and was soon escorted upstairs. Dipper stayed behind.

"As you two know, you will be married in less than two weeks." Preston stood and walked over to where Dipper was standing. "And all the preparations have been made for you two to be wed here."

"As I suspected." Dipper had his arms behind his back. "But I'm afraid that isn't going to happen."

"What?" Preston looked confused.

"It's 'I beg your pardon, Your Grace'." Dipper tutted. "Try again."

"I beg your pardon, Your Grace." Preston almost fumbled over his words.

"You see, my mother has already made the preparations for Pacifica and I to wed back in my homeland. Not yours." Dipper paced along the floors. "And while I apologize for your wasting time, I'm sure I sent a message overseas telling you exactly what was happening. I'll have to have a word with the royal messenger."

Already Pacifica felt uncomfortable. In the months they had been separated, Dipper had changed drastically. It most likely had something to do with the fact that he became king. With his father dead and all.

"I-I see, Your Grace." Preston stammered. "I'm afraid we hadn't received this change in plans."

"Well, I must have a word with the royal messenger then." Dipper shook his head. "Now, regardless of the miscommunication, I came here for a reason."

"And the reason is, Your Grace?" Priscilla asked.

Pacifica frowned. Damn her parents, they always responded to authority with politeness.

"My reason for coming to your lands is to bring Pacifica to her new country." Dipper explained. "My mother wishes to have her there, she will be much safer."

"You believe our country isn't safe for our own daughter?" Preston gasped.

"I don't believe I said that." Dipper glared. "All I said was that I believe my home would be the safest for her."

Pacifica silently fumed. She didn't want to go anywhere with that asshole! Unfortunately, she knew it would end up happening.

"After all, it is the only way we can assure our alliance." Dipper said tepidly. "And if we have an alliance, I can protect both our countries."

Pacifica waited to hear her parents say the words. She knew it was going to happen, after all, Dipper made some very important points.

"Stay for a few nights." Preston finally said. "That way we can make sure Pacifica has everything she needs to go overseas."

Dipper nodded solemnly. "I can spare two days, that is my final offer."

Preston walked toward Dipper and firmly shook his hand.

Dipper turned to Pacifica, "I pray that we'll be on our way shortly, to your new kingdom." His smirk sent shivers up her spine, but she didn't dare say a word.

This was what she had to do to ensure her country's safety, even if she didn't like it. That didn't mean she couldn't make his life a living hell if she wanted to.