You Worry Me

Pacifica waited up, she was actually nervous. Dipper had went to talk to his great uncles about the family business and whatnot nearly four hours ago.

She had a feeling something wasn't right especially when she noticed his grim expression before he left. Pacifica hoped that everything was alright, but something told her it wasn't going to be.

As she waited in the sitting room for Dipper to return, Pacifica had started reading a book, watching a little reality drama to calm her nerves (and it was also to prove that other people's lives were worse than hers, although she barely believed it to be true). How late will he be? Pacifica thought with worry.

Not five minutes later, the front door opened slowly. Pacifica immediately sat up and walked from the sitting room. "Dipper?" She whispered.

He groaned in response.

"Dipper, are you okay?" Pacifica walked up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You look exhausted."

Dipper yawned. "That's because I am."

"What's wrong?" She queried.

"Nothing's wrong, it's just things are exhausting, Stanford isn't listening to any ideas but his own and that will be his downfall." Dipper explained. "I'd love to continue this chat but I am extraordinarily tired, Pazzie."

"Just go to bed then, Dipper." Pacifica stood on her tippy toes and kissed his forehead. "I'll be up in a minute."

Dipper nodded in a quick response before nearly disappearing up the stairs. Pacifica shook her head at him. If he overworked himself once more she'd never let him leave the house again.

She quickly turned off the tv, placed her book back on the shelf and walked into the kitchen to make some tea. Typically she would've asked Will to make the tea, but she wanted to do that for Dipper herself.

When the tea was finally ready, Pacifica poured it into a small cup and brought it upstairs. She walked into their room and a small smile found its way onto her lips.

There Dipper was, lying in bed, completely drowning in sleep. His breathing was shallow and he finally looked at peace.

"There's no way I'm waking him now." Pacifica shook her head. "This is the most peaceful he's been in a long time." She crawled into bed with him and placed the cup of tea on her nightstand. Maybe she could drink it tomorrow.

Pacifica ran a hand through his hair and kissed his forehead. "Sleep now, Dipper. Please don't exhaust yourself this much anymore, it scares me."

And with that, the blonde went to sleep.