Comparisons

Requested by Mabel--Pines Hope y'all enjoy!

"God she looks exactly like him." Mabel smiled slightly, stirring her tea slowly before taking a sip. "I can't get over it."

Pacifica chuckled and sat across from Mabel, "yeah it's amazing."

"Amazing, some may say," Mabel took a small sip and glanced at Pacifica over her tea cup, "but others would say Omen."

"An Omen?" Pacifica raised a brow, "don't say that little Angel is an Omen."

"Ha, that's ironic." Mabel chuckled quietly, "Angel is an Omen."

"She isn't, Mabel," Pacifica warned in a low tone. "And don't say that around her. I want to keep her away from all this magic and the things we can't explain."

"You want to keep her from what she is?" Mabel's eyes widened instantly. "Pacifica, Angel is supposed to know everything."

"I can't tell her," Pacifica whispered, glancing behind her to make sure that Angel wasn't listening in. "I don't want her to know."

"She'll find out eventually, and she won't be happy." Mabel warned.

"Well I'm protecting her now." Pacifica frowned, "and I will do exactly that."

"Why can't you tell her?!" Mabel's voice rose. "What exactly are you afraid of? The fact that she might be more like him than you want?"

"Who's he?" Pacifica winced at Angel's voice.

"He's no one important, sweetie." Pacifica smiled at her daughter, "now go play with the cats."

Angel ran off and giggled.

"Oh so he's 'no one important' now? How upset were you when-"

"I don't need her to know about him," Pacifica heaved an exasperated sigh. "I just don't want her to know."

"Why? Because you're afraid that she'll be just like him?" Mabel suddenly felt angry.

"No, because of what he was." Pacifica's face began to look pale.

"He was power crazy and it killed him, we all know that, but you can't keep him from her." Mabel explained, "you'll have to tell her."

"Just....not now." Pacifica glanced back at Angel who was teasing the kittens with a piece of yarn. She laughed as the kittens jumped and Pacifica felt a twinge of sadness.

"Alright, when?" Mabel asked.

"Mabel, please, I'll do it. But Angel and I have business to take care of, so please go." Pacifica walked Mabel to the door before whispering, "please don't tell her."

"Fine." Mabel said, but she knew that she was lying.

***

"Thanks for coming over, Gideon, I really need your help with this." Pacifica said, giving her cousin a quick hug.

"No problem, so where is she?" He asked, looking around for Angel.

"She's drawing." Pacifica explained. "Now please help me with this."

"So what did Mabel say?" Gideon asked, as he took a seat next to Pacifica.

"She thinks Angel is an Omen and that she's connected to him somehow." Pacifica gave a quick explanation of what Mabel has said earlier.