Move On

Dipper ran a hand through his hair. "You know, I haven't been here in awhile. How are you?" He shook his head and clutched his umbrella. "I'm okay, I wish I could have done something."

The rain splashed onto his umbrella, and onto the stones. "I wish we could have had a different life, Pazzie." He whispered, kneeling down, not caring if his pants would get ruined from the mud. "We could have done beautiful things together, we could have both been happy, we could have had a life together." His voice suddenly turned cold. "We could have. It's always the same.

"I'm angry at myself. I know I shouldn't be, but I am. This hurts me so much, Pacifica. I was certain you were the one for me." He whispered. "But, things aren't always meant to be. We aren't characters written in a book where the audience gets to decide what we do and how our life plays out. We had a chance to make our own destinies, but I dunno why we hesitated.

"We should have taken the chance, risked it all, because at least we tried!" He gulped and continued on. "Sometimes I wonder could I have known this were to happen? Could I have prevented it? Or would it happen nonetheless, no matter what I did?" He shook his head once more, "sometimes I wonder those things."

"I don't think I could have prevented this, and I will never let myself forget that." He leaned his head on the polished marble. "I wonder if you'll ever forgive me? You know I loved you, and I know you loved me. Right? Our love wasn't fake, was it? No, of course not. Because if it were fake would I be saying all these things? No, probably not. People take love for granted, because they think it'll always be around, but now. . .now I see how things can go wrong in an instance.

"Maybe I never deserved you, you were too good for me, but you loved me anyways. How could you do that?" He whispered. "How could you go on, knowing that I was horribly selfish, and that I barely paid any mind to you. How could you have stayed with me? Did you love me that much or what?

"I think that's the answer. You loved me that much, so nothing mattered as long as I were with you." Dipper bit his lip and blinked away tears. "I may not have showed it, but I loved you. I still love you, Pacifica Elise Southeast."

He shifted uncomfortably. "I met somebody today," He whispered, "she's smart, funny, has good morals, and the best thing of all, she doesn't want to be with me for my money. You didn't either, you'll always be the first. But she cares enough to actually hold a conversation with me.

"I'll never forget you, and I'll never let anyone else take your place. But since you've moved on," he stood up, placing a hand upon her gravestone, "Maybe I should too."