Surprises

Requested by Mabel--Pines and I hope y'all enjoy!

The doorbell rang.

"Dipper, wait," Pacifica grabbed his hand and held it tightly in hers. "I'm, I'm a little nervous."

"Why?" He turned halfway and cocked a brow. "You think that your parents will freak out about the fact that I'm a part of the third richest family in the entire country?"

"Not helping!" Pacifica looked down at her shoes. "It's just, I don't want my family to think that the only reason I'm with you is because of that."

Dipper frowned. "But it doesn't matter if they think that. I know you're not like that."

"You're. . .you're right." She shook her head as if to clear the thoughts from her head.

"Per usual." Dipper's grin made Pacifica whack him. "Alright, okay. Are you ready for this?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Pacifica stated. "After all, you have to impress them. I don't."

"Don't make me any more nervous, sweetheart." Dipper kissed her forehead and the doorbell sounded again. "Now I better get that, otherwise they'll believe we aren't home."

Pacifica bit her lip and waited anxiously for her family to enter the threshold. What Dipper had said, calmed her nerves slightly, but without a doubt she was still nervous.

"You had us waiting for a bit," Priscilla Southeast commented as she entered the house. "Hello Pacifica."

Pacifica grinned and went to hug her mother. "I'm so glad you could come, mom."

"We nearly got stuck with the traffic." Priscilla rolled her eyes. "Someone didn't want to stop and ask for directions."

"You didn't want to stop for directions either, darling." Preston chuckled. "How are you, Dipper?"

"Fabulous." Dipper extended his hand for Pacifica's father to shake. "And you are?"

"Oh I'm fine." Was his reply. "Spent an hour in the car with the wife, she's a stubborn one."

"Ah," Dipper replied, amused. "Now I see where Pazzie gets it from."

Pacifica suck her tongue out in Dipper's direction. "Mom, did you know Dipper's parents are also coming?"

"I did not." She stated. "Well that's wonderful."

Dipper chuckled darkly and swiftly moved to the dining area, only calling over his shoulder with, "a servant should be by any second now to take your coats."

Pacifica rolled her eyes. "Dipper, really?"

"They're here for a reason." He commented from afar.

Priscilla looked around the house for a hot minute. "I can't believe you live here."

Pacifica winced. "Actually, mom, I don't live here."

"You still have that trashy apartment?" She asked.

Groaning, Pacifica shook her head and handed her mother's coat to a servant that happened to come along. "No, I don't have that 'trashy apartment'. I do live here."

"Nice place." Her father commented.

"Indeed." Her mother replied.

When the Southeast family made their way to the dining area, Dipper, being the dramatic one that he is, was standing by the window. Wine glass in hand, he turned to them. "Take a seat."

They obliged.

Dipper took a seat next to his Pacifica. "From the looks on your faces I can tell that you're impressed."

"To put it bluntly." Preston agreed.

"I'm a very successful man, Preston." Dipper took a long sip from his glass. "It's taken my family a long time to get where we are, but we're here."

"I see." Priscilla took a sip from the wine glass that was handed to her.

Pacifica nearly flinched when she heard the door open again.

"Ah, this place looks exactly the same. I figured Mason would've done something better."

Dipper's grimace would've gone undetected by most, but Pacifica knew better than that. Dipper's parents had arrived and she was, for lack of better term, screwed.

They waltzed in like they owned the place (which, they did at one point) and sat down. "You must be Pacifica." Mrs Gleeful said, smiling like a barracuda.

"Y-yes." Pacifica stumbled over her words. "I am."

"Nice of you to join us, mother." Dipper seemed to be frowning. Did he not want his parents there?

"I'm Priscilla, and this is my husband Preston." Priscilla smiled politely, but Pacifica knew that her mother did not like Dipper's mother at all.

"Mm." Was Mrs Gleeful's tight-lipped smile. "So, how did you two meet?"

Dipper chuckled. "Well, it was a blind date."

Pacifica rolled her eyes. "It was not."

"Mabel dragged me, Gideon dragged you, and neither of us knew who we were going to be with." Dipper smiled. "I'd say that's the definition of a blind date."

Pacifica smiled and dipped her water, feeling nervous. This was not how it was supposed to go.

"Oh, I thought you were supposed to be with that Christine girl." Mrs Gleeful examined her nails. "You know, the girl from the rich family?"

Dipper's nostrils flared. "I thought we discussed this, mother. It. Didn't. Work. Out."

Pacifica looked down at her plate.

"Besides, this isn't about her." Dipper took Pacifica's hand. "This is about me and Pacifica." He took his glass in hand, "with that being said, I believe it's time for a toast. Everyone, raise your glasses," he looked down at Pacifica, "but not Pazzie, for obvious reasons."

Pacifica stared at him, her eyes wide. "Dipper!" She hissed.

Realizing what he had said, his face turned as white as a sheet and he began stumbling over his words trying to fix the mess he created. "I mean, it's because, well, she can drink if she wants, but she isn't so, case closed." He took a long gulp of wine.

"Pacifica," Priscilla looked at her daughter. "Are you. . .pregnant?"

Pacifica bit her lip and nodded. "I was going to tell you tonight. But, I was going to ease into this."

Priscilla squealed in delight. "I'm going to be a grandmother!"

Dipper seemed to calm after that. "You're. . .happy?"

"Oh yes! Pacifica's my only child, so of course I'm going to be happy to have a grand baby! Boy or girl?"

"We dunno—"

"Girl." Pacifica admitted.

Dipper looked at her, "you know?"

"Just found out today." She smiled sheepishly.

"I'm going to have a little girl." Dipper swooped Pacifica in his arms and spun her around. "This is the happiest day of my life!"

"You two aren't married yet." Mrs Gleeful pointed out. "I'm disappointed in you, Mason."

"Who cares?" Dipper exclaimed. "I'm going to be a dad!"

Sorry this took so long! I've been busy!! Request more, my lovelies!

-Kaori Miyazono <3