Prologue

PROLOGUE

I watched Kate's blonde hair fall in front of her brown eyes, smiling up at me.

I smiled half-heartedly back as she leant in for a kiss, but I stayed put.

"What's wrong?" She asked, pulling back.

"Nothing, nothing." I replied, hopefully convincing her.

Her dark brown eyes gazed into mine, making me think, not for the first time, about her eyes,

Her dark, sky blue eyes, rimmed with those long eyelashes.

But whenever I looked into her eyes, there was never one emotion looking back.

It was alway's a confused jumble, unlike Kate's which was filled with lustfulness.

Maybe that's why I loved her; her stubbornness not to let anyone see how she felt- a social survival.

"There is something wrong.." Kate mumbled, sitting back to look at me. "Isn't there, John."

I shrugged and rubbed my eyes, yawning.

"I think I should go," She muttered, getting off of my bed. "Home, I guess.."

I nodded, unsympathetic, and watched her grab her handbag, glancing back at me as she walked out my door, leaving me to wonder when she'd be back.

What's the point?

She wasn't what I wanted.

She wasn't half as good as her.

She wasn't willing to let me touch her, unlike Kate, who came across with a life devotion to sex.

I'd met Kate at a party, so what did I expect?

And I am famous; who wouldn't want me?

But honestly, it's all about the chase, isn't it?

Sliding off of my bed, I walked to my window and ripped open the curtains, the morning sun blinding my eyes.

God, it's bad enough not wearing my glasses.

Turning my back to the window, I let myself think back to the last time I saw her, and shuddered.

Dancing with George, that's it.

I had watched her and George dance, my envy becoming so bad I had picked out Kate to return the favour, hoping to make her equally jealous.

Why did she do this to me?

Why did I want her so bad?

Yeah, I had treated her badly, but I had tried to make it up to her.

But to no avail, it hadn't worked.

It seems like the only person I want, is the only person that doesn't seem to let me get what I want easily..