~ 8 ~

Paul's POV

The door banged open and shut quickly as a flustered John entered the backstage dressing room, strictly for us bandmembers only.

The three of us, Ringo, George and I, quickly turned around, George and I almost colliding our guitar and bass together.

"Wha-?" Ringo, started, but John quickly cut him off by walking closer.

"I need to talk to you guys.." He panted, doubling over.

I tilted my head to the side and stared at John, but he seemed to be taking his time.

"Go on, then.." George urged, as John slowly stood up, regaining his breath.

"Before you kill me, Paul," He uttered, fixing his eyes onto mine. "I didn't mean to make her cry.."

My brain immediately registered Kaylee with 'her', and I swung my bass off my shoulders and threw a dodgy punch at John, who jumped back and narrowly avoided it.

"Why? What did you say!" I yelled, hatred rushing through me.

"I couldn't help it!" John yelled back, desperate for me to stop, as I kept trying to punch him.

Ringo and George jumped in and held me, as I lunged at John, who was trying his hardest not to cower back.

"Paul! Stop!" John shouted, standing his ground, as I calmed down, ready to kill John if he made another comment about Kaylee. "That isn't all.."

"Just spit it out already." I hissed, my fists clenched.

"I'm such a dickhead to her," He muttered, his eyes no longer looking into mine, but at the floor. "And I think.. Think I'm in love with her."

My brain wouldn't comprehend.

Behind him, a tiny movement caught my eye as the door quietly closed shut from a slither.

Luckily, John's eyes were still averted to the floor.

His hearing hadn't picked up the door quietly closing, especially who had done it.

Kaylee had heard him.