~ 70 ~

John's POV

Up pulled the car, careful as to park right beside me on the road.

It was dark, and in the night, I didn't notice Paul's head out the window until he began to speak.

"Where's Cyn?" He asked and I pointed back to the house as he opened the door and let me in

"She's no better," I replied, my eyes adjusting to the inside of the car. "Still sick, I mean."

Sitting down on the leather seats next to a cheery Paul, I let my eyes focus on every face around me.

"We're not going to be there long, are we?" I heard Pattie ask, and Ringo shrugged in reply, his girlfriend Maureen stuck to his side, next to George.

I looked at Pattie and shook my head.

"No, I can't." I responded, hoping everyone would agree. "Cynthia would get worried."

Beside me, I felt Paul murmur something to the person beside him, and I turned to see a beautiful Kaylee, her eyes focused on the dark streets outside the window to her left.

I felt my heart pound harder, a routine that never failed whenever I saw her, and I breathed out deeply.

It's going to be a long night.

===

"Is this it?"

Staring out my window, the driver pulled up short outside a brightly lit building, the words 'CROWDED PLACE' blinking.

"Well, 'spose so," George replied, leaning over Maureen to open the door. "Hop out."

Following George's orders, I waited for Maureen and Ringo to clamber from the car, Paul at their heels, whereas Kaylee stayed put.

"You going?" I asked George, trying my hardest not to ignore Kaylee, but it must've seemed like it.

"No, you go," George replied, shooing me. "I just need to talk to Kaylee for a second."

I frowned slightly, but left it alone and hopped from the car.

As I stepped onto the street, I closed the door and started towards the party, my hands stuffed inside my pockets, but my feet stopped and I turned back towards the limousine.

Thinking it over, I nodded to myself and waited patiently by the car door.

I need to talk to Kaylee too.

And I think you know what about.

====

ARGHHH NEXT CHAPTER MAKES ME SCREAM.