~ 2 ~

Paul's POV

It hadn't been a fluke, had it?

Yeah, she was totally gorgeous, and I am quite plain, but so what?

I can surely get as much girls as John.

"Go ahead, not interested.." I heard John mutter, as all three of us stared at the girl, my girl, while she scribbled inside her book.

I laughed mockingly, and nudged John, harder than I meant to.

"Back off, you'll want her in the end." I growled, pushing past George, who was still standing up.

Abandoning my plans to get George to Pattie, I sauntered over to the girl, pushing the piece of paper with her number into my pocket.

I finally reached her table and stood next to her, peering down at the book she was scribbling in.

Up close, she was actually drawing a few cartoon figures, all rather funny looking.

"Woah, that's neat!" I exclaimed, feeling nervous, my cheeks flushing.

I saw her jump slightly in her seat and look up at me, her blue eyes rimmed with dark eyelashes.

"Oh, thanks." She exclaimed, moving herself over to allow space for me to sit. "You scared me."

"Sorry." I replied, smiling at her. "Hey, I didn't quite catch your name before. I'm Paul, by the way. You gave me your number?"

"Yes, I did - And it's Kaylee, Kaylee Sykes.. Are you and your band on break?"

"Sure are, we just-"

As if on cue, the bounding figure of John appeared, sitting himself down opposite to Kaylee, a smirk on his lips.

"Hey Paul, dress rehearsal is in 5 minutes, get a move on." He said, his eyes not leaving Kaylee's. "There's no time for chatting up band whores."

I watched Kaylee's slight frown as she looked away from me and onto John.

"John!" I yelled, glaring at him. "You can't say that to her! What did she do to you?"

I watched John shrug, whipping his stare from Kaylee and turning to me.

"Let's go, Paul." He uttered, standing up suddenly and walking off.

I looked at Kaylee, shrugging apologetically.

"I'm sorry, that's not like him at all, I- I'll go talk to him-"

"It's fine, Paul." She insisted, her eyes showing understanding. "Go to rehearsal. I'm good."

I breathed out slowly and walked off, waving at her.

Oh, John needs to explain himself.