~ 91 ~

DON'T KILL ME! ANOTHER NOT NEW CHAPTER..

Kaylee's POV

A car pulled up in the driveway, and I hopped on the spot in childish excitement, John's eyebrows raising in amusement as he watched.

"They're here!" I squealed, rushing to the front door and flinging it open, the rainy surroundings failing to dampen my mood.

Through the grey, I made out Paul and his new girlfriend, Jane (Her name, from what I'd gathered) crouching under his coat as they scrambled through the wet weather.

I knew that I shouldn't have forgotten what Paul had said to me earlier when John wasn't around, but my enjoyment for his new girl had wiped away any thoughts of what Paul had asked me to do.

I sure as hell wasn't going to bring it up.

"Hello!" I greeted, watching the two reach the door. "Get in."

Stepping inside, Paul pulled his coat off of the both of them, and I was taken aback at how pretty this Jane girl was.

She seemed to be only a few years older than me, eighteen, nineteen perhaps, with strawberry blonde hair and dark brown eyes.

"Hello," She replied, grabbing Paul's hand and squeezing, before offering her other to me. "I'm Jane Asher. Pleased to meet you."

I gave John an impressed look, then accepted Jane's outstretched hand, grinning at Paul while I did it. He seemed satisfied in the least.

"Nice to meet you too, Jane. I'm Kaylee," I responded, the feel of Paul's eyes watching me only making me want to seem sweeter to Jane. "You can relax. I won't bite."

I earned a laugh from the couple, but heard John whisper to Jane: "That's a lie. She bites me all the time."

I'll be needing to keep an eye on him...

I playfully hit John and took his hand, leading Paul and Jane into the living room, where I knew Jasper was asleep in his little outfit Pattie had given me.

"Where's George and Pattie?" Paul asked. "They haven't been here much, have they?"

"I assume they wanted their own space," John replied, swooping over to the couch and picking up Jasper carefully. "Pattie has had a rough time these past weeks.. They'll be over shortly with Ringo and Mo."

I ran a finger over Jasper's soft cheeks, then turned to face Jane and Paul, Jane's eyes transfixed on my baby.

"Would you like some tea?" I asked them, and they nodded. "You can hold him if you like, too. John - would you..?"

He nodded and walked over to Jane, whose hands plucked up Jasper carefully, arousing him from his sleep.

My eyes wandered from her to Paul, whose hands were clenched at his sides, his cheeks gone pale.

Oh no.

"He's gorgeous!" Jane cooed, turning her head to look at Paul, who quickly smiled to mask his terror. "Isn't he, babe?"

Paul nodded curtly, then coughed, stepping forward towards the kitchen table.

"Can I have a coffee instead, please?" He asked me, and I shrugged, nudging John who spun into action.

"Uh, me too, please!" Jane called, and I giggled slightly. It was funny how alike they were. I knew she was good for him.

"Here, I'll take him and put him to bed. You go sit at the table and we'll chat."

Jane reluctantly handed Jasper over to me, kissing his forehead delicately, and I carried him back to my room.

Paul had watched the whole thing, and I wondered if he still felt resentment towards John's baby.

I glanced back over my shoulder as a smashing noise came from the kitchen, but it was only John, a cup slipped from his grasp.

"Shit!" He yelled, and I groaned.

"Men.." Jane muttered from the table.

I laughed slightly, then caught her eye. She seemed to have a bright aura to her, which made her seem so friendly.

Mrs. McCartney material.

I wondered how old she thought I was.

It didn't matter.

I liked her already.