~ 84 ~

Kaylee's POV

"Kaylee! Wait! We have to talk about this-"

I ran from the room and tried to slam the door behind me, but John caught it in an attempt to catch me.

I managed to flee from his grasp and into the hallway, uncertain of where to go from here, but I thought quickly and dashed through the kitchen away from John and into yet another hallway, where I knew either George or Pattie would be.

Running into their bedroom, locking the door behind me and sinking to the floor, I turned around to find my two friends on the bed, George with his arms wrapped what appeared a crying Pattie.

They pulled apart at the sight of me, and I quickly got up from the carpet, suddenly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry," I explained, about to pull my hair apart. My baby had been born just last week and everyone seemed to be in tears! "But I can't leave - Not just now."

Pattie sniffed and nodded, but I could tell my presence was wanted at the moment.

"I understand if you want to be alone," I apologised, and began to feel guilty at my interruption.

"No, no, Kaylee, it's fine." George replied, pulling Pattie onto his lap while she cried silently. "We're just having a.. a moment."

"Me too," I muttered, and suddenly, standing there, I realised just exactly how fucked my situation was.

John has gotten another woman pregnant.

It wasn't cheating, since they were obviously together, but now that he's with me again, how am I supposed to deal with this?

As I thought it through, tears pricking behind my eyes, a loud round of banging sounded on the door, causing George and Pattie to jump and stare.

"Kaylee!" I heard John shout, banging again. "Kaylee! Please, get out here! We can talk this over, we'll figure something out!"

I squeezed my eyes shut and begged myself not to start crying, and I shook my head furiously.

I didn't answer.

"Kaylee!" John shouted again, but I bit my lip and sat in the corner of the room, feeling George and Pattie staring at me, obviously bewildered.

Not long after, John's energy must've run out, because the banging and yelling stopped, and I continued to sit in the corner, but as I opened my eyes, I saw Pattie and George sitting beside me.

"Are you okay, honey?" Pattie muttered, although I should've been asking that question, as her eyes were rimmed with red and she looked exhausted. "What's happened?"

"I swear to God, if he's cheated on you.." George growled, but I shook my head, my voice refusing to make a sound.

If I couldn't even wrap my head around this, how could Pattie and George?

It's worth a shot.

"Cynthia's pregnant.." I mumbled, and I was shocked at how little I sounded; like a six year old whose dropped their ice-cream. "And I don't know what to do.."

Suddenly, I burst into tears and felt my two friends arms instantly reach for me, but when George wrapped me in his embrace, Pattie reclined and just stroked my hair as I sobbed.

What was I going to do?

Now Cynthia'll be forced into my life whether I want her to be or not.

The three of us sat there in silence as they soothed me and I cried, but I knew I'd have to stop soon and face this situation like a woman, although I was far from that stage.

"I'm sorry I walked in on you two alone, before," I whispered, which made George stiffen, but Pattie seemed to only sigh.

"I can tell her George, I'm fine."

She seemed to take a deep breath before she began, but after she told me, I knew why.

"I can't have children," She stated, and I gasped, but was cut short by George squeezing me tightly, as though warning me not to put her off. "There's something wrong with my fallopian tubes.. And.. I just can't have kids. It was hard for me to see you go through something I'll never be able to do. It got the best of me before, when you came in, but it's okay. I'm fine - right now, you're not, and that needs to be fixed, ok?"

I nodded, pushing back from George, but immediately wished I hadn't.

"Do I have to go back out there?" I mumbled, shrinking back down into my six year old self, the one with the dropped ice-cream.

"Yes," George replied, but I knew he meant well. "We can't help you with this. This is a challenge and you'll need to do this on your own."

I nodded, but felt like retreating into a safe place and never coming out again.

"Here, I'm not letting you do this to Jasper."

My baby! How could he have slipped my thoughts?

I took Pattie's out stretched hand and allowed her to pull me and push me towards the door, but I turned around again.

"Go," She urged, raising her eyebrows. "You have a baby to think about. Do what's best for him. You either stay with John, or you don't."

The words sank into me as I twisted the knob, and I knew the answer for that.

I'm going to stay with John.

He's mine, not Cynthia's.

====

I have a few more chapters for tonight :)