~ 17 ~

Paul's POV

Ripping myself away from Kaylee, I stared wide-eyed at John who was pushing the door open slowly, a shocked expression on his face.

"W-what's going on?" He asked, looking at both of us, a rage building up behind his eyes. "You came here to secretly fuck a girl, Paul? You know her reputation of being a skank."

Feeling red flush onto my cheeks, I stepped away from Kaylee and closer to John.

"John, you know that this whole thing is over. We weren't doing anything! Just stop being a complete dickhead!"

"No! She knows what she's doing to me! Ask her! I'm through with this."

John's eyes glazed over and he folded his arms, thinking up more angry words to say, but Kaylee stepped in.

"John, yes, I know." She said, her hands falling to her sides. "I- I heard you admit it.."

"Then why?" He replied, his face softening. "Why are you doing this to me? Watching you be with two of my best friends fucking hurts, ya know?"

"I wasn't with them, John-" She started, but John cut her off with a snort

"Exactly my point.." He muttered.

I breathed in deeply and smoothed my hair back, looking from the girl I loved and onto my best friend.

What now?

"I did all that- that stuff because.. because," Kaylee sighed, turning to look at me, her blue eyes full of sympathy mixed with blatant mystery.

Smiling nervously at her, I knew what was coming.

I felt my heart tear apart as I heard the words inside my head before they were spoken.

Oh please God, give her the right mind and let her believe she can do better than John Lennon.

Turning back to John, Kaylee closed her eyes and breathed out: "I love you too."