~ 21 ~

Ringo's POV

Paul's eyes worriedly landed on mine before they skittered away.

I knew what he was thinking, as we all were.

John had been leaving, more like rushing out the door, every single time the bell rang for lunch times/end of sessions.

"What's he up to?" George asked, less suspicious than the rest of us, as though he knew something.

"We don't know.." I answered, putting down my drum sticks. "Let him be."

Paul's mouth twitched as though he was going to argue back, but thought better of it.

"Imma go find 'im.."

Before we could register what he was saying, Paul had hurried out the door, ready for another crazy situation.

If John hadn't told Paul what he was up to, then sure as hell, Paul wasn't supposed to know.

•~•~•~•~•

Once again, it was George and I.

Walking down a hallway, searching for our crazy bandmembers.

"Why do they always ditch us?" George muttered, running his fingertips along the wall.

I shrugged in reply until two pairs of footsteps came running down the hallway, laughing mixed in with the sound of shoes.

A blur of two faces came rushing past us, pushing us in fact, until they both abruptly stopped and turned around.

"KAYLEE! JOHN!" George yelled, and I turned to face him, noticing a large grin on his face.

Looking at the two flustered people in front of me, I realised that it was in fact, my best friend and the pretty girl starting all the arguments.

But even more surprising, they were hand in hand.

"Have you seen Paul?" John panted, squeezing Kaylee's hand visibly and glancing over at her with a wide smile.

"Yeah he- You don't mean you're hiding this from Paul?" George replied, taken aback as though he just took a look at what he was seeing.

"George, you know how Paul is going to react, right?" John argued back, his face growing serious. "He's in love with her, who wouldn't be. Please don't tell him.."

"Wait, hold up." I interrupted, holding up my hands. "What in the Lords name is going on?

John and Kaylee giggled in sync before Kaylee explained, her voice short of breaths.

"You're dating?" I yelled, my eyes growing wide. "In secret? How's this ever gonna wor-"

"George? Ringo? Is that you?"

I groaned internally as the four of us heard Paul's un-mistakable voice call from the start of the long hallway.

"Yeah! Paul, we found John!" George called as we saw Paul walk towards us.

"Oh good, wait a sec, where the hell did my keys go.." Paul replied, stopping to plunge his hand inside his jacket. "Just a minute.."

Turning back to face John and Kaylee, I gave them both a mock-frightened look, signalling them that having them both together would be suspicious

John silently nodded to me in understanding before he tapped Kaylee's shoulder and pointed to the hall's exit door, leading to the back of the studio grounds.

She nodded and kissed his cheek before running softly and rushing out the door, hoping as to not make a scene and cause Paul to see her from the corner of his eyes.

Finally, Paul pulled his hands out of his jack and looked intently at George and I, before his gaze shifted to John and his stare turned cold.

"I saw you and Kaylee running from me."

====