~ 56 ~

John's POV

I woke up with the sunlight beaming into my eyes, Paul's elbow digging into my back.

"Oii." I grumbled, hoping to arouse Paul and get his elbow to move, but he remained asleep.

Groaning, I pushed it, but decided to get up anyway.

Last night's gig left my fingers stinging and my voice hoarse, the usual things I don't stop to think about when I'm up there on stage.

"If you're making tea, make me one too."

I pulled a face and stood up from the bed, it's blanket a mess, as Paul stared up at me with his doe eyes, expecting a tea.

"I'm not making any," I grumbled, stumbling towards the drawers holding all our clothes. "You gotta get up soon, we're getting as far away from those two bands as we can. I'll ask Brian - No, I'll threaten him. He'll have to accept."

Not waiting for a reply from Paul, I grabbed a suit and threw it at him, then grabbed one for myself.

"Okay, well you don't have to be so grumpy." Paul murmured. "Let's go check up on George and Ringo."

George.

The name brought back the conversation I'd overheard with him and Kaylee, and I felt my hands twist in fists.

The rustling of bed sheets and clothes let me know that Paul was dressed, and I hurried too.

"Ready?" Paul asked, and I spun around to make the bed, but Paul had beaten me to that also.

"Yeah, whatever." I replied, and he gave me a worried look, but I walked past and opened the door.

Bang.

"Ow! Oh, watch where ya going- John?"

I quickly jumped back to find Ringo before me, his hand held to his stomach from where I'd hit him with the door knob.

"What are you doing?" I accused, not in the mood to comfort; Ringo never needed apologies anyway, he forgave quite easily.

"I- Well, on my way to see you and ask what we're doing today." Ringo defended, his eyes skittering to Paul's.

"Where's George?" Paul interjected, moving past me to take the door from my hands and close it behind us.

"Back down in our room, he'll be with us in a second- Why don't we get some coffee?"

I narrowed my eyes at Ringo.

Mostly because I wasn't in the mood for suspicious acts, and also because I did not feel like a coffee.

"No, I'd rather go relax in your room before we have to meet up with Brian.." I suggested, guessing that Ringo just didn't want to sit around. "C'mon Paul."

"No!" Ringo shouted, raising his hand to stop me, succeeding.

"What now?" I yelled, and Paul grimaced at the noise.

After every concert, Paul's ears would become sensitive.

I got sore hands, Paul got sore ears.

"G-George'll be here in a minute, he's just tidying up." Ringo stammered, moving to block the hallway, although he tried to hide it. "Please, let's go to the café."

"No, Ringo, what's there to hide?" I replied, ending the sentence with a short manic laugh.

I was over secrets, and honestly, I wanted to see George.

Mainly because I wanted to confront him of his chat with Kaylee..

Finally, Ringo hesitantly moved aside and I stepped on, Paul walking quickly behind me, flashing worried looks.

===

Brian had organised the hotel bookings as fast as he could, since Peter Grant had asked to play a gig with us much to late.

"Damned hotel," I muttered under my breath, gazing upon yet another portrait of a couple snogging. "Can they afford anything other than happy pairs?"

Paul hurriedly agreed, but stopped short as Ringo dashed between us and rushed towards a door.

"This is our room," He announced, rather loudly, adding to my suspicion. "George! They've come to stay for a while - until Brian get's here, that is!"

"W-what?" I heard George call back, not long after came a series of 'bangs' and 'quick!'s.

"What the bloody hell is going on?" I shouted and pushed Ringo away from the door.

"John!" He cried, but I was already pushing open the door.

I was sick of this.

Sick of everyone.

But before I could register any more of Ringo's protests, I had opened the door wide enough to take in the new scenario.

And this was the cherry on top of the cake.

And damn, that cake was not to my taste.

Because right in front of me was George trying to hide Kaylee inside a cupboard.

====

:o What is Kaylee doing with The Beatle's now?

aww man, new stuff to come ;)