~ 27 ~

Kaylee's POV

The suitcase wasn't nearly as full as I hoped.

I had started packing half an hour ago, but the hesitation had been too strong.

"You don't have to do this.." Pattie's soft voice urged as she came and sat on my bed, opposite me. "You know, John never said he wanted you gone, now did he?"

Ever since that run in with Pattie, when I had asked for John's whereabouts, she and I had somehow gotten closer.

Maybe she knew what it was like to be in a situation with a love sick Beatle.

Tears filled my eyes and I willed them away as I shook my head, resting my arms by my sides.

"Tell me what happened," Pattie continued and half of me wished she would be quiet.

"We were on a hill," I explained, sighing and pushing my suitcase to the side so I could sit down. "And we were about to, y'know, and one thing lead to me admitting I was 15.."

Bringing the courage to look Pattie in the eyes, I was expecting to see humour, or maybe even possibly disgust.

But all I saw, and thank her gorgeous soul, was understanding.

"But tell me what happened after," She replied, taking her hand and placing it on top of mine. "Did he run away?"

"No," I answered, remembering. "I- it was me. I ran away. I was scared of what he would say, although I heard him yell: "You're fucking what?!".. Other than that, no.."

Pattie's warm hands squeezed mine as though she knew what was going to happen next, and she was correct.

I burst into tears.

"I love him." I cried, soon feeling Pattie's arms envelope me into a hug. "After everything he's ever done to me, at the end of the day, he's the only one who's ever made me feel this way."

"Shh, Kaylee." She breathed, Pattie's soothing voice making me feel safe. "I know, darl.."

"I'm gonna miss him." I continued, the sobs making my voice hushed and strained. "His hair, his voice, his eyes, his words, his laugh. Him. He's all I want, Pattie. I'm not good enough for him."

At that, Pattie pushed me from her, keeping her hands on my shoulders and quickly swiped my light brown fringe from my eyes.

"Don't you ever say that." She stated, her piercing blue eyes staring intensely into mine, intimidating me with her brilliant looks. "If anything, Kaylee, you're too good for him. If he's too daft to see the love of his life right in front of him, then he's going to spend the rest of his life with the wrong person."

Her words had a habit of making me feel.. good.

"Thank you," I whispered, a stray tear slipping, but thankfully that was all. "It means the world to me."

"It's the least I could do," Pattie replied, standing up from the hotel bed and straightening her skirt. "It would be good for you to have some alone time, honey."

I nodded and glanced down at my suitcase, wondering if she would allow me to leave.

"No, don't you dare leave." Pattie warned as though she could read my mind.

Shaking my head and smiling, I flicked my suitcase before I hastily remembered something just as Pattie was about to close the door.

"Has George asked you out yet?" I yelled and I watched Pattie stop mid-movement.

"He, uh, yeah. Why?" She responded, pocking her head back into my room.

"And you said..?"

Pattie bit her bottom lip in a thoughtful but hesitant way, as though she were answering a complicated question.

"Let's just say," She sang, her eyes wandering along the ceiling. "..That he walked away rather embarrassed."

She quickly shut my door as I gasped, as though she was expecting me to lecture her.

I sure was.

Turning down poor Georgie.. At least I have a distraction from John now..

Oh John.