~ 41 ~

Kaylee's POV

The door slammed shut behind me as I strolled inside, flinging my handbag on the chair and sitting down in complete darkness.

Jimmy must've gone out, as it seemed I was quite alone, my thoughts sinking into my skin.

I counted the hot tears as they rolled down my cheeks, my knees pressing against my stomach, applying pressure to the large bump.

"It's okay, baby." I whispered, dropping my head against my knee's as I attempted to speak to my un-born baby. "We'll be okay."

Suddenly, a small jolt shot through my stomach and I felt a little bump against my legs.

"Woah!" I gasped, feeling my baby kick. "What's got you so excited?"

The kicks continued and I giggled, looking down and touching places on my stomach, trying to feel for the outline of it's tiny little feet.

"Calm down, little rocket!" I laughed, my spirit's heightening. "You're gonna kick yourself out of there!"

The jangle of key's sounded outside my apartment door and I heard Jimmy's voice.

"Kaylee?" He called, making me stand up.

"Yeah, wait a sec!" I replied, but he'd already opened the door, his hands held behind his back in a suspicious manner. "Whatcha go there, Jimmy?"

A smirk showed on his lips and he walked in sideways, not letting me see behind his back.

"Your surprise." He replied, making me frown.

This surprise could be anything..

"When are you gonna show me?" I asked, walking up to him, but he backed up against the wall.

"Uhm.." He muttered, suddenly bringing his hands in front of me, holding up 2 tickets. "Plane ticket's to England!"

"What!" I yelled, a smile erupting onto my lips. "Holy shit! Wow, Jimmy!"

"Hey!" Jimmy yelled, suddenly frowning. "No swearing in front of the baby."

Rolling my eyes, I felt the kicks start again down inside of me, making me laugh.

"What's happening?" Jimmy asked, glancing down at my stomach in surprise.

"They're kicking." I replied, placing my hands on my belly, feeling the small little excited kicks.

"Can I..?"

Jimmy's hands were replaced with mine as he felt the bumps on his palms, a grin upon his face as well.

I gazed at him for a while, trying to ponder why he bothered sticking around.

His gaze met with mine and I quickly looked away, but I knew he was wondering the same thing.

What if he wanted to stay, for the baby's sake?

What if he wanted to be a father?