~ 37 ~

Kaylee's POV

The flutter in my stomach had started to kick in, although the vomiting had calmed down.

My head hurt constantly, and I was getting really frustrated at the 'Morning Sickness'.

"They call it 'Morning Sickness'?" I groaned, searching the bustling streets for a place to sit and nibble on something. "The sickness goes all freaking day."

It wasn't long before I'd stumbled across 'Fifi's Coffee' that my emotions had settled right down to feeling depressed.

The line up at the counter inside of the warm café wasn't long, but it was long enough to send my feelings in turmoil once again.

Damn, it was not fun being pregnant.

Biting on my lower lip, I scanned my surroundings, hoping to plan out a table to sit at, but my sight stopped short at something familiar.

Sitting at one of the window tables was the mysterious stranger from America, the man who'd given me directions.

I felt myself gasp as I flicked my head away from him.

What was he doing here?

By the time I'd remembered his name; which was Jimmy, I had reached the counter, where I hastily ordered some banana bread and a English tea, something to diminish my sugar cravings this sweet-toothed foetus had given me.

Managing to cradle my bread, tea and handbag in both arms, I gently spun around, un-sure of where to sit, as the café had slowly filled itself when my back was turned.

"Shit.." I grumbled, my cursing becoming more frequent.

I started to squeeze my belongings closer to my chest as I made a split second decision: sit next to Jimmy.

Who was to say he'd still remember me?

Pfft, I should be fine..

My leg's shook slightly as my body supported my weight towards Jimmy's table, his eye's still focused outside the window.

My clumsy body sidled close to the chair across from him as I cleared my throat, un-sure of what to say next.

"I- uhm, is this seat taken?" I mumbled, trying to act completely normal as his neon eyes turned to mine.

His smile caught me off guard, recognition hinted straight away.

"Of course not," He replied as I sighed in relief, moving to sit in the chair. "Aren't you- you're Kaylee?"

I looked towards him briefly, relaxing myself and nodded, his smile catching onto my own mouth.

"Yes, yeah," I replied, starting to sound like a fool. "Jimmy, right?"

His dark curls fell over his eyes as he nodded again, making a smile stretch across my mouth.

"Yes, how are you?" He asked, pushing the hair from his eyes as he leaned forwards in his chair to observe myself. "Last time I saw you, you were in America."

Sighing, I pulled pieces of my banana bread apart and placed them in my mouth, surprised at how nice it was.

"I guess I just needed a change of scenery," I replied, shrugging. "I did ask you for directions to the airport though, I don't see how this was a surprise!"

Jimmy laughed and turned his focus from me and unto the window to our right, watching strangers walk past.

"Why are you here?" I asked in return, demolishing the food on front of me.