~ 29 ~

Kaylee's POV

Was it even worth it?

My mind spun and my head hurt as I thought about it over and over again.

That was the only question I had been thinking of and it was starting to drive me crazy.

This isn't about John, I reminded myself, You're leaving because you're done here.

I breathed in deeply, feeling myself step outside my door and drag my suitcase.

"Goodbye," I whispered to the hotel room, exhaling my shaky breath.

Closing the red door, I heard it 'click' and I ran my hand over the wood before I hastily turned around.

Could I do this?

Was I ready to walk away from these memories?

From.. John?

•~•~•~•~•

It was a rainy day, full of grey and spitting water from the above clouds.

"Just like how I feel.." I muttered to myself, my hand clutched tightly to my suitcase. "Shit, I don't have directions."

My cheeks started to warm as I realised I hadn't a clue where my destination was.

Oh, what did I expect?

Did I just think I could leave my motel and waltz up to an airport and leave?

Well.. Yeah.

"Excuse me, ma'am?"

I jumped as a finger gently touched my shoulder and I spun around to face a rather tall and lanky young man.

"Sorry," He smiled, his shoulder length, wavy, dark hair being tussled in the wind. "Could I throw this in the bin?"

I blinked a few times before I stepped out of his way, glancing behind me to see I had been standing right in front of a bin.

I watched him throw away what seemed to be a wrapper of some kind and I quickly spun back around so he wouldn't know I had been watching.

The stranger looked at me a few times behind his dark sunglasses, which had no effect on this weather, until he turned to walk away.

I watched his thin figure stroll down the street, his large dark billowing coat making him very mysterious, and a sudden thought entered my mind.

Gathering the courage, I held onto my suitcase handle tightly and took after my short encountered stranger.

"Hey! Excuse me!" I shouted, my steps quickening as I reached his side.

My desired stranger jumped slightly and turned his face to mine as I gently touched his arm.

"Woah," He exclaimed, raising his eyebrows. "Are you okay?"

"Not exactly," I answered, hoping to get this done and over with. "Do- do you have directions to the airport?"

He took a minute and I could see he was thinking.

"Uh, yeah." My stranger replied, giving me a comforting smile. "Go down Chelsea lane and off near the edge of Harbour Town."

A grateful smile spread across my face, something I hadn't done for a while.

Smile, such a happy word.

"Thank you." I responded, spinning on my heels to walk away, until I stopped and swivelled around again. "My name is Kaylee."

Holding out my hand, the stranger offered his quite long and thin one which easily wrapped around mine.

"Jimmy." He replied, his name matching his cherubic face. "Pleasure meeting you."

I grinned up at him before I nodded my head down the street, not so eager to leave as I was before we met.

"I best be going now," I said, not quite sure if I was telling the truth.

Jimmy seemed like such an interesting person, and I only knew his name!

"Thanks for the help."

"You're welcome," Jimmy shrugged, giving me a small grin. "Anytime."

I nodded, hoping I wouldn't be lured into his mysterious demeanour and set off down the street.

•~•~•~•~•~•

"A ticket to Sydney, please."

The buzz of a million 'goodbyes' and a million 'hellos' rang throughout the whole airport, making me wish I had someone to kiss farewell and someone awaiting my return at home.

It was all too much.

I took my aeroplane ticket and and shuffled out of the queue, hoping to find a nice place to sit and wait, begging myself not to think about John.

Oh John..

Tears sprang to my eyes and I blinked them away, furious I had let my guard down so soon.

My feet carried me to an empty seat surrounded by awaiting passengers, who most likely had someone missing them back home.

Sighing, I sat myself down next to a man reading a newspaper and an old lady with curly blonde hair and a weird expression upon her face, as though she had seen a ghost.

Nervous as to what was wrong with her, I slowly inched myself closer to the newspaper man, although I wasn't too comfortable about him either.

Taking a quick glance, I noticed the whole paper covered his face and he was wearing a nice suit with sunglasses just visible from my angle, accompanying a bowl hat.

Hmph, must be off to a business meeting.

I crossed my legs and gazed out the large window in front of me, hoping this plane would arrive soon.

No more Beatles.

No more acting.

No more heartbreak.

Time dragged on and I had become a nervous wreck.

Half of my nails were ripped off, the book I had brought along with me was finished and I was itching for my iPhone.

Suddenly, a loud 'ding' came over the speakers and everyone looked up at the roof, awaiting the message through the intercoms.

"The plane for Sydney, Australia is ready to be boarded." A female voice informed, her words making almost everyone around me stand up and grapple for their bags.

My stomach flipped and I felt a cold sweat wash over me within seconds.

Reaching for my suitcase, I wondered if I should do this.

Could this whole ordeal really be forgotten this easily?

Of course not, but I have to try.

Picking up my bag, I was about to stand up, when a hand shot out and grabbed my arm.

Turning my head around, I almost screamed.

"You can't get on that plane, Kaylee."

There, wearing a moustache, the glasses I had glimpsed earlier, a bowl hat and suit, stood the person I had been dreading and hoping to see.

John.