~ 11 ~

Ringo's POV

Paul, George and I were sitting around a small table in our hotel room, waiting for John to come home from the shops.

We had all been rather silent, thinking through what John had sprung upon us yesterday, about Kaylee, until George broke the silence.

We all knew Paul was quite madly obsessed with her, but he seemed to have taken the news lightly - John must be kidding himself.

He must only think he's in love with Kaylee because he craved her attention.

Well, that's what Paul suggested.

"Do you think he actually loves her?"

It was what we were all thinking, but didn't know how to say it.

We all looked at George and shrugged.

"What do ya mean?" I asked, tapping the bottom of my chair.

"Well, ya know.." George replied in a soft voice, as though he thought John could hear. "He usually pretends to like girls just for.. sex."

Paul gave George a worried look and laughed nervously, but quickly stopped.

It was like John to be head-over-heels with a girl for a week only be over her in a day, but that would definitely be a wrong thing to do if it was just for sex.

Even John would know.

"Yeah, but you all know I wouldn't let John do that," Paul hushed, copying George's low talking. "Especially not to Kaylee."

"Oh shit," I mumbled, looking at Paul. "We aren't going to break up the band because you want to get into her pants as well?"

Paul's cheeks went mildly red and he averted his eyes, incapable of answering all of a sudden.

I shook my head and tutted at him, George joining in.

"You know this whole thing with getting her is gonna end in shambles." Muttered George, finally stopping the tuttering. "Two lads with a broken heart, two best friends separated over a girl. Not the best idea."

Just as I was about to add in with a witty comment, there was a knock on the hotel door and the boys all looked at me.

"Fine." I mumbled, getting up from my chair and walking towards the door.

"John, I hope ya didn't forget my bread for-" I said, opening the door, but stopped mid-sentence as it turned out that Kaylee stood there instead.

"Ringo! Inside! Quick!" She yelled, pushing me into the room, rushing to sit at the table with the others.

"Hello Kaylee!" Paul sang cheerfully, throwing our surprise guest a huge smile.

"Hey Paulie," She replied, giving him an equally big smile, making him glow as she smiled at George and I in turn. "I came here to say that.. I have a plan."

"Plan?" George asked, his smile fading.

"Well.." Kaylee muttered, her confidence wavering. "I - I heard that John likes me.."

"Oh!" I exclaimed, making the three of them jump. "We saw you! You were hiding behind the door!"

Paul nodded, his eyes wide, focused intently on the girl.

"Yes, I was. So.." Kaylee continued, giving me lopsided smile. "I thought that maybe I could pay John back for what he did to me, all in good fun, but a bit of a revenge. I know it sounds childish, but it is something that would drive him nuts. I just want to bring him back down to Earth - I don't love him or anything. So, are you guys in?"

I nudged Kaylee lightly, making her turn to me, curious as to what I had to say.

"I think I'll speak for the three of us here," I explained, looking at them each in turn. "We'd love to help."