~ 22~

Paul's POV

I had seen them alright, well at least I thought I had.

It must've been her, her wavy caramel hair billowing behind her as she ran with a figure I had guessed was John.

Narrowing my eyes, I had followed them down to this hallway, where I stared at John, whose eyes were wide with innocence.

"What are you goin' on about?" He asked me as though I was crazy. "It seems like I'm not the only one who needs glasses."

"Oh don't give me that crap." I retorted, starting to doubt my vision as well. Too bad it was too late to turn back on my accusation. "Where is she? Have you hidden her?"

John raised his eyebrows and let out a quick laugh before he spun around in a small circle, the dim hallway casting his shadow into a spiral.

"Look anywhere you want, Paul." He cackled, transforming into his 15 year old self. "She ain't anywhere I can hide her!"

Glaring at him, I turned my gaze to George and Ringo, who shuffled, obviously a lot less calmer than their bandmate.

"You two 'aven't seen her, have ya?" I demanded, rather than asked.

They both shook their heads in response and I gave up, starting to wonder if I had made up my biggest fear.

"Lemme talk to John for a second," I said to them both before I grabbed John's collar and dragged him away from the group, a sense of fear drifting into his eyes.

Expecting him to take up a fight or turn into his usual feisty self, I held tighter to his shirt, but he stood against the wall like a helpless doll.

"I'm warning you, John," I growled, glaring into his startled brown eyes, as though they contained the truth of what I had seen earlier. "You're no good for her. She doesn't need you. She won't ever love you. You'll only cause her trouble.. If you touch her or ever make her cry again, you'll be lucky to see another day."

John swallowed and nodded, blinking furiously.

And with that, I let go of John's clothes and walked down the rest of the hallway, heading for the exit.

=====