~ 100 ~

Awwww chapter 100 is the most important! :) coincidence..?

George's POV

"Would you look at that?" Paul muttered from beside me, a champaign glass in his hand. He wasn't drinking much - nobody was. "I never thought it would end up like this."

I sipped my own glass and glanced over at the food table.

"Whattya mean 'end'?" I replied, ignoring my hunger. "This is merely the second chapter."

Paul shrugged and raised his eyebrows, turning towards me, tilting his head.

"I was certain the baby was the second chapter," He commented, and I laughed slightly. The suit I was wearing itched on my arms, but I ignored it.

"The baby has a name, Paul." I responded. "Or have you been too busy trying to forget?"

Paul's cheeks heated and I grinned mischievously, but stopped when his girlfriend, Jane came and took his arm.

"Quick!" She sang, pulling him by the arm, away from me and my teasing. "John needs your help!"

Paul shot me a wary glance, but obeyed to his girlfriend and hurried off along her. It had been this way all morning - us boys being called to help John with his nerves.

We couldn't blame him.. Weddings were scary.

===

Pattie, in her light pink bridesmaid dress and bow, glided towards me through the crowd of famous and strange people. Her eyes were bright and nervous, and I wondered what for.

"George," She whispered, once she got close. "I need to tell you something."

"Tell me what?" I asked, giddy with feelings. Every emotion around me, anxious, excited and hungry, combined into one and fit into my head. "Can it wait, love? It's just about to start."

"Oh, yeah, okay. I'm sorry.." Pattie replied, and she looked down at her shoes. Her pretty lips were frowning, and I could see she was trying hard not to show her disappointment.

Sighing, I took her by the arm and edged my way through the crowd of people, muttering apologies to anyone I elbowed too hard.

Finally, Pattie and I stood by the exit of the wedding building, something Brian had chosen to make up with John, and I gazed down at her, wondering what this was all about.

"What is it?" I asked, confused as to why she would bring it up now. Was it important? Was it to do with John?

Pattie breathed in and managed to gaze back at me, her lips parted slightly.

"I want to adopt." She stated, and I felt my eyes widen in shock. Adopt? Where did she get that idea? "I just- I understand if you don't, but I've been feeling so empty, George, and that emptiness only goes away when I hold Jasper. I know it sounds crazy, because it seems like I've been avoiding him, but I try not to get connected. He's not mine, and I'll never be able to have my own, but it'd be.. magical to have one that I could raise and call me their mum."

Her soft voice ended in a whimper of embarrassment, but I pushed it away and grabbed her shoulders, pulling her towards me.

"I don't care what we do," I told her, my lips in her hair. "We can, if that's what it takes to make you smile. But you have to take caution, I mean- Look at Kaylee."

Pattie pulled away from me and frowned slightly, confused.

"What about Kaylee?"

"She was adopted, but she won't talk to her parents anymore. I think John had asked to meet them, and she wasn't too happy with speaking about them, let along going to see them again."