~ 92 ~

Changing the plot :o

Kaylee's POV

The windows were docked with clothes I thought were gorgeous; navy dresses, velvet skirts, flowing shirts and leather shoes.

Pushing Jasper's pram beside Jane, I decided against going inside the store.

"Are you okay?" Jane asked me, noticing my direct swerve from the door. I really didn't want to use John's money. "We can go in, you know."

"It's fine," I answered, biting my lip as I smiled at her. "Hey, I never got to ask you.."

"Ask me what?"

"What do you do? I mean, how did Paul meet you?"

Jane's fringe blew into her eyes and she seemed to blush.

Don't tell me Paul was at a strip club...

"I'm actually an actor," Jane muttered, glancing at the people around her. "I'm kind of popular, I guess."

I raised my eyebrows and hummed in approval.

"Do you think I'll make it?" She added.

Was she serious? With her Goddamn looks and ability to pretend she's having fun with me: of course.

"Definitely," I replied, but before Jane could continue the conversation, there was the flash of a camera.

"Jane Asher!" Someone cried, rushing forward.

No later was a crowd brought together, Jane and I with baby Jasper in the middle, the noise making him whimper.

"Can we ask some questions?" Someone with a loud voice yelled.

"How is England treating you?"

"What movie are you going to be in now?"

"I- I, erm, what?" Jane fumbled, and it was obvious she'd never drawn a crowd before.

"We have to go, I'm sorry," I tried to explain, grabbing Jane's arm and pulling her through the crowd, but they kept us surrounded.

"Who are you?" Somebody yelled.

"Oh," Jane responded, flashing me a smile. "This is my best friend, Kaylee Lennon."

===

John's POV

"You said what?"

"John, I didn't know what to else to say-"

"Her last name is Sykes, not Lennon! Well, not yet. It doesn't matter who they were or whether or not we're married at the time, you can never admit to anybody Kaylee is my girlfriend."

Jane's eyes closed in shame and she rested her head on Paul, who was glaring at me.

"John, you need to calm down," He told me, but my patience had been worn and I was already getting phone calls from Brian and the press."What else was she going to say?"

"She could've just said Kaylee.." I mumbled, but was partly interrupted by Jasper crawling into the room.

He'd been up and on his hands and knees for a while now, and had a tendency to crawl from his mum when she tried to dress him.

The sight of him reminded me.

"Shit!" I shouted before I could stop myself. Jasper looked up at me in wonderment. "She was with Jasper!"

I faced Jane and Paul back on the couch to find Jane biting her lip hard and obviously trying not to burst into tears of frustration. Paul looked defeated.

"I'm so sorry, John." Jane mumbled, but the phone rang and I turned away.

Jasper rushed towards me across the floor so I had to step over him quite awkwardly, but I still managed to grab the telephone.

"Hello?" I asked, knowing my voice was shaky. "It's you, isn't it Brian."

"Of course it's fuckin' me." He replied. "Look, you've messed things up bad, Lennon. You know what's going to happen tomorrow?"

I sighed deeply.

"No,"

"You've got a bloody interview. And you know what you're going to say?"

"No.."

"That you don't know who Kaylee or that baby is."