~ 18 ~

George's POV

Ringo and I were far from finding a song.

John and Paul had been gone for more than 20 minutes, which would have been okay if it had not been for Ringo's pestering to go find them.

"What do you want to find them for?" I asked, walking down the cold studio hallways.

"Something doesn't seem right.." He replied, running his hands along the wall as we kept walking.

"What, you feel it in ya rings?" I joked, smiling.

"In fact," Ringo replied, spreading his hands out in front of him to look at his many jewels. "I do."

Laughing, we kept walking until we reached a door with muffled voices coming from behind.

"Here?" I asked Ringo, who nodded solemnly.

Excited, I turned to face the door and pushed, not quite sure what to expect until I saw the 3 motionless figures of my two friends and the one and only, Kaylee.

All three of them jumped as the door was pushed open and they turned to look at me, John's brow furrowed.

He groaned at the sight of us and pushed past, stomping out of the room, leaving Ringo and I to stand in the doorway.

Kaylee's eyes had followed John out the room, but her emotions were once again clouded with mystery.

I still hadn't apologised for the other night because she had left before I had awakened, so I wasn't quite sure what was happening in her life at the moment.

Paul's face was paler than usual as he skimmed mine and Ringo's face before walking out behind John, his steps wavering, Kaylee close behind.

"What happened?" Ringo asked, turning his head to follow Paul as he walked out, but was answered with silence.

I looked at Ringo and shrugged before closing the door slowly and walking back to the recording studio again.