~ 14 ~

Kaylee's POV

*Light Smut* Don't get your hopes up, -.- it's horrible..

The party had ended, and so had the plan.

Throughout the rest of the party, John had danced with a pretty girl, purposely moving closer and closer to George and I.

I had tried heating things temporarily between the two of us, but couldn't bring myself to, so eventually, we had just danced and pretended to kiss.

I knew I must have made John jealous in the least, if he had the audacity to dance with a random girl, but it wasn't what I had aimed for.

Standing outside in the cold street, I smiled at George, who was giving me a funny expression.

"Going home?" He slurred, his brown eyes clouded with the effect of drinking too much. "My apartment is free."

I realised how stupid I was to have let George out my sights when I had left for the toilets, as he'd drank himself to the height of intoxication.

It wasn't like George, but he must've thought that drinking would maybe allow the guilt of dancing with me and not Pattie would help.

And now, Jesus, he's going to endlessly hit on me.

"Oh shut up, George." I mused, my sober mind full of worry. "You're hammered."

"You're right." George whispered dramatically, raising his eyebrows in alarm. "Do ya think I'm gonna make it home without dying?"

I giggled once again and hit his arm, making him smile widely at me.

"I'll walk with you home, you knob-head." I muttered, grabbing his arm and turning him around to walk along the street.

"Yipeeeeeee!" He sang, slipping his hand down to mine and holding it tightly as he skipped beside me, stumbling a few times.

I laughed and joined in, but soon enough we ended at the hotel the boys were staying in.

"Okay, we're here. Get a good rest. Goodnight, George." I whispered, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"Nooooooo!" He shrieked, looking down at me, backing away. "You have to come with me!"

Surprised, I backed down and looked at him.

Wow, alcohol effects the most straightforward people in the weirdest ways.

No way in Hell would sober George ever consider this.

"Oh, you don't know what you're saying, Georgie." I insisted, pulling my hand from his and stepping away from the deranged boy. "Go on, I'll see you tomorrow."

George's brown eyes stared into mine, his lips pouting slightly.

"Aw, pleaaaaaase?" He begged, reaching for my hand again. "I'm not gonna try anything, we're just going to sleep. I don't want to be alone."

Sighing, I thought it over and let my hand be grabbed by his as he pulled me through the hotel doors, laughing as we ran into the elevator together.

===

I lifted my eyelids open in the darkness, feeling my damp hair stick mildly to my forehead.

"Holy shit." I muttered, kicking my legs under George's blanket. "It's freaking hot!"

I heard George grunt next to me, obviously sleeping off the feeling of being drunk, and turn over, kicking off his blanket.

"Yes, I know." He replied, yawning and sitting up. "Just- just go back to sleep. It gets cooler, I promise."