~ 1 ~

George's POV

"George! A little more to the left- That's it!"

"Smile boys, be happy!"

"Paul, Ringo! Stop messing about!"

"John! Keep your hands off those feathers! Your fingers are covered in glue- Oh JOHN! STOP!"

It had been a terribly hectic day, if you didn't notice.

Although we had been working on our movie 'A Hard Day's Night' for a week now, we still had only just finished our train carriage scenes.

Finally settling down in a couch by the recording set, dozing off, I felt a light pat on my head and opened my eyes to see John's peering down at me.

"Oi, Georgie, wake up and get a snack with me." He urged, giving me a cheesy grin.

"Go away, John.." I mumbled, shooing his hand away and folding my arms, hoping he'd go find Paul.

Not being hungry was definatley out of my character, but today I was especially tired and food was wiped from my mind.

"C'moooon you swine," John replied, trying to pull my shoulders, obviously not bothered with Paul. "I heard Pattie is taking a break too."

At those words, I felt a rush of adrenaline enter my system and I quickly perked up.

Pattie, one of the models who was playing a couple scenes in the movie had caught my attention, and I wouldn't mind gazing at her a bit more.

"You better not be pulling my leg, Lennon." I demanded, forcing myself out of my position and followed as John bounded out of the studio doors, galloping his way to the canteen.

"It's been a haaaaaard days.. Afternoon!" He sang, acting a fool, finally stopping as he pushed open the door.

I rolled my eyes as I walked in behind him, stopping slightly to try and find Pattie with my eyes.

Of course she didn't know I had a slight crush on her, but the boys had figured it out.

I quickly spotted her blonde hair at the back of the room with a group of her model friends, and I walked on, buying myself and John a piece of cake and settling down.

"Where'd Rings and Paulie go?" I asked, munching my slice of cheesecake, slowly re-gathering my large appetite again.

"Hangin' owt wif Brian." John muffled back, finishing his piece and scrunching his napkin.

Typical, they're probably trying to manipulate Brian, our manager, into paying Bridgette Bardot a few thousand pounds to play in our movie.

Before I could share with John, a blur of movement shot through the doors of the canteen and a very flustered Paul panted as he sat down at the table.

"I- I- guess what- guess what!" Paul shouted, trying to catch his breath.

In his hand, he held a piece of paper which had been scrunched up a bit, but intact all the same.

Glancing at John, who looked equally confused, I shrugged.

"What..?" We both asked.

"There's this- this new actress who is playing alongside Pattie and the girls- she gave me her telephone number- she's gorgeous!"

John and I stared at Paul for a while, until John snorted and snatched the small piece of paper from Paul, who was still waving it.

"Hah! What a fluke.." John muttered, turning the paper over in his hands. "You sure she's not a man in disguise?"

Paul shot John a glare and snatched the paper back, glancing over at me.

"How come she didn't introduce herself to us?" John asked, meaning himself and I, tapping the wooden table.

Paul shrugged his shoulders and scratched his nose, genuinely uncertain.

"Think she meant to meet George but he was sleeping, she met Ringo and just didn't mention you the whole time we were speaking. Mustn't be a fan of us, I 'spose."

John's blank expression dropped down a notch, a slight bit of hurt showed, but I blinked and it was gone.

That's John, for you.

"Hey, you gathered the courage to talk to Boyd, yet?" Paul asked me, turning to me, nodding his head to where Pattie sat.

I shook my head softly, embarrassed.

I was the last of the group to lose my virginity, and I sure as hell didn't want to be the only boy in the group shy around girls.

"Really? Let's go up to her then!" Paul yelled, John whooping in agreement.

I felt my heart quicken; were they serious?

Just as Paul and John were about to pull me up, - yes, they were serious - the canteen doors were pushed open and in walked a teenage girl with long wavy, light brown hair and vibrant blue eyes, noticeable from where we were standing.

"That's her!" Paul hissed, dropping my arm, which he'd grabbed in attempt to lift me.

The three of us stared as she strolled over to a table by herself and pulled a notebook from her bag, immediately starting to scribble with a pencil.

I heard John mockingly groan as he dropped my other arm and sit back in his seat, his fingers starting to tap the table.

"Go ahead, not interested.." He muttered, my eyes still glued to the new girl Paul had claimed as his.

There was no denying that John didn't sound serious.