~ 89 ~

SORRY! Chapters 89, 90 and 91 weren't in order, so I've posted them again. THIS ISN'T A NEW CHAPTER.

John's POV

Opening the studio door, I was relieved to find only George and Ringo, leaving me rather annoyed.

"Not here?" I asked them both. "Again?"

They shook their heads, and I let out a groan.

This band was deteriorating in front of our eyes, and I didn't know what to do.

What could we do?

It's not like I could leave Kaylee and her over to Paul, - which was what he wanted - because I had my baby to think about.

"Hows Jape?" George asked me, and I smirked at the nickname. "Still preferring my solo's?"

I laughed; Jasper always shut his mouth and listened to George when he played guitar, whereas he fidgeted around when I did.

Not that he didn't like it, but it didn't captivate his attention as much as when his Uncle George did it.

"Perhaps," I answered. "Ringo, you wouldn't know where Paul is, would you?"

Ringo's eyebrows rose and he seemed about to answer when the door opened behind me.

I spun around to find a weary eyed McCartney, his lips pressed together and his hair roughly brushed.

He didn't seem surprised to see me, or be here, but when I grabbed his shirt and pushed him into the hallway where he'd come from, he snapped into focus.

My hand still gripping his shirt, I pressed him against the wall, hearing George and Ringo's shouts from behind me.

"What are doing?" Paul shouted, his hands grabbing at my fist, trying to pry my fingers off.

"You stay well away from my girlfriend, Paul." I growled, but Paul merely blinked, terrified. "If I hear about one more encounter - one more plea to get her to run away - I'll deal with you myself."

Finally, I felt Ringo's arms shoot out and rip my arm away from Paul, and I breathed, trying to calm myself.

I watched as Paul stood there, gasping, his eyes wide and clouding over as he filled his lungs with ragged breaths.

It astounded me that he hadn't tried to fight back.

"What's the bloody fucking problem with you two?" George cried, stepping in between Paul and I. "I'm seriously beginning to wonder if the 'best friend' thing was a huge act!"

I clenched and unclenched my fists, shaking my head in disagreement.

Paul was, and is, my best friend, but at the moment and these past few weeks, I've been pissed off at him.

"We are," I muttered, causing Paul to lift his head and look at me, obviously expecting a snarl. "I just don't want him hanging around my girl."

After regaining his breathing pattern, Paul heightened himself and looked straight at me, and I thought he was about to accuse me of something to do with being 'unfaithful', when he merely folded his arms and bit his lip.

"That's partly why I showed up today," He responded, his gaze not leaving mine. "I've got a girlfriend."