~ 45 ~

Paul's POV

"In here!"

The clothes we were wearing nearly always made me burst out laughing when I look at the other's, but we'd tried our hardest to act normal.

"Hey, The Monkee's came here yesterday!" Ringo protested, but we gave him a glare.

It was a small coffee shop, the name not important, but it was a place were we could all relax and have a non-famous-day.

It'd been a while since I could walk into a shop and not get any second glances, let alone a stampede of girls.

Striding into the shop, wearing a plain red shirt and denim pants, not my style, John and I headed towards the first table we saw, four seats.

Glancing at George and Ringo, who went to order our drinks, I sank into my chair next to John, whose usual chatty self had diminished.

"You 'right?" I questioned, watching John's eyes flicker up to mine before he coughed and nodded.

"Yeah, just a little-" He started, but shook his head.

"It's alright, I get it."

John's gaze fell onto mine, but the connection broke as Ringo came crashing towards us, dropping a drink in front of John and I.

"Coffee?" John asked, Ringo nodded.

"Fine by me." I stated, but George came striding toward us, his expression worried.

"Do we have a gig tonight?" He asked, causing us to glance at one another in wonderment.

"I think so.. Why?" Ringo answered, tilting his head to the side. "Brian called me before and said he's booked us in at the Heritage Square."

George's face only etched into more worry and we pressed onto him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because," He urged, his eyes widening. "The Rolling Stone's are here too."

A faint choke came from John and he spluttered into his drink, earning a disgusted groan from Ringo, who he gave a sheepish grin to.

"The Stones?" He shouted, a look of amazement coming over his face. "But- They're trying to fight us for the spotlight!"

I nodded in agreement, watching Georg's face turn green.

He was still trying to wrap his head around getting #1 hit singles, let alone fight for the top he earns so easily.

"Well then," I whispered, taking a sip from my searingly hot beverage. "Look's like we have a couple of more people to avoid while we're 'ere."