The Ending (Part 2)

Kaylee's POV

When someone tells me what the most important thing to me is, I always tell them 'my family'.

By 'family', I don't just mean Jasper and John, I also mean The Beatle's.

The Beatle's and their wives, and their children.

But if I was to dig deeper than that, I would find that it's Jasper and John.

They've shaped me into who I am today, and now, the pieces are cracking.

John's hand hung limply over the edge of the hospital bed, and I could barely feel my fingers as they gently caressed palm.

He was having a blood transfusion, and I was the only one in the room.

Ringo, Paul and George were on their way, but I knew that they wouldn't be here for a while. It was just me and the man I couldn't bear to ever imagine life without.

His heart beat on the monitor was all I could hear, and his soft features was my main focus.

He'd aged so gracefully; there was absolutely nothing I would change.

He'd begun to wear his glasses more confidently now, and he'd even gone through the whole 'flower power' phase, which I had even participated in.

Throughout everything though, he'd always stuck by me.

I knew he'd met a woman named Yoko, who I'd come to realise, was obsessed with John, but still, he hadn't left.

When will the day come?

When will the day come when he realises there is so much more to life than being with me?

A tear slipped down my face and mixed in with the many others, but this one held a bitter taste.

Was I finally un-fogging the future?

Would he leave me for Yoko? Where was she today when he got shot?

Where was I?

I threaded my fingers through John's unconscious ones and leant forward over the bed railing so my forehead was lightly touching his.

"You can get through this," I whispered, closing my eyes. I had no way of knowing if he could hear my words, or would ever hear them, but I just needed him to know. "When you wake up, John, you can leave me. You don't have to stay. You don't have to feel dragged down by me. I don't know if this relationship has run it's course in your mind, because it certainly hasn't for me, but you can leave at any time."

My breathing was ragged and uneven, and I leant back in my chair, my blurred vision trailing from his lips, to his nose and finally to his eyes. The eyes I'd found myself falling for - the same ones that made me feel like I was the only person he could see.

"I love you."

-

--

---

----

---

--

-

-

--

---

----

---

--

-

-

--

---

----

---