~ 71 ~

I've wanted to update for so long, so here's at least 3 chapters under an hour :)

Kaylee's POV

Maybe going to this party wasn't a good idea.

As soon as the car pulled up beside the Crowded Place, I felt my stomach go from 'peaceful' to 'washing machine'.

"Is this it?" Paul asked from beside me, and I relaxed beside him, glad someone had spoken; it was a quiet ride.

"Well, 'spose so," George answered, leaning over Maureen to open the door. I felt rather uneasy at that. George seemed very comfortable around her. "Hop out."

I sat still in my seat, which no one objected about, and they all clambered out, leaving George and I.

By the window, a space between us, was John.

"You going?" John asked to George, his eyes skittering to mine, than dancing off.

It felt like he was trying to show that he wasn't ignoring me, but it wasn't working.

I knew I made him feel uncomfortable.

"No, you go," George replied, looking over at me. "I just need to talk to Kaylee for a second."

My heart stopped for what felt like years, as my mind reeled over.

Oh no.

John shrugged and finally climbed from the car, closing the door afterwards, and I felt my hands curl around the bottom of the leather seat.

Not only did George want to speak with me, but it felt like everything that was once there with John has just.. dissolved.

"Kaylee," George demanded from across the car, and I raised my eyes to him.

The driver had gotten out of the car for a cigarette, so George could speak as loud as he wanted - not that he should.

"Yes?" I asked, keeping my pulse as balanced as I could. "I don't want to go anymore, I feel sick and I'm slightly pregnant, if you hadn't noticed.."

George managed a small appreciative laugh, but I could feel the tension.

"You know what I want to talk about, don't you?"

My hands unconsciously drifted towards each other before they began to tangle in a mess of nerves.

Yes, I did know what he wanted.

"No?" I replied.

"You do," He pestered, and I closed my eyes in exhaustion. "I told you I would tell him if you didn't, Kaylee. It's now or never."

I let the words wash over me, as George's body moved towards the door.

"Wait, George!" I called, my eyes flying open. "You're not going to tell him, are you?"

George's fingers closed around the door handle and he looked back to me once again.

"I've the right mind to, you know." He responded, and I felt my breathing hitch. "But I'm certain you should. If you don't, you'll be making things worse for John and Cynthia than you are by not saying it."

I nodded as he opened the door and closed it, leaving me in the darkness of the car, the only light coming from the lit up club.

Before I knew what was coming, a wall of tears threatened to make it's way down my cheeks, but I blinked them back, furious with myself.

Suddenly feeling cold, I curled my legs beneath me on the seats, when the door opened.

"You didn't, did you George?" I cried, feeling panicked, but instead of George's face peering into the car, it was John.

"John?" I echoed, matching the tone of astonishment that the little voice in my head had achieved.

"I- I, uh, have to talk to you," John muttered, climbing awkwardly into the car, his head ducked down as he sat nervously in the seat opposite me.

I couldn't find my voice as John's eyes were focused on the floor of the limousine, his fingers knitted together.

"John?" I asked, my voice so quiet I didn't even realise I'd said them, but he seemed to have heard.

"Kaylee," John started, and I felt a shock of a hundred lightening bolts through my body as his eyes connected with mine; that hadn't changed.

"Yes?" I replied, John having to just stopped, his eyes on me.

"It's mine, isn't it."

I felt my hands go numb, and honestly, I've never felt so small.

"What?" I asked, exasperated, my heart pounding so loud, although I couldn't hear anything.

Everything around me hummed so loudly I couldn't focus on one sound, but my eyes were certainly glued to John's dark pair.

"I know it - I mean, the baby's mine, Kaylee." John answered, his hands holding onto each other so tightly I could see the veins in the dimness. "I've been doing the math. I'm so stupid."

I gaped, my mouth opening and closing, the tears I'd once had pricking back up.

"No," I whimpered, feeling my numb hands beginning to shake. "No, no, no."

It was just me now, as my mind had begun to shut out John in a attempt to reassure me, but his voice still struck me as he opened the door again and moved to get out.

"You could've fucking told me," He retorted, the sound of the door slamming letting me know he wasn't just in disbelief, but furious.

Shit.

====

Deciding whether or not to update the next chapter today as well... Hmm..