~ 98 ~

Ew. The new update on Wattpad is ugh.

John's POV

Sitting at the kitchen table, Tuesday morning, I looked over the letter Brian had sent us/me in the mail.

".. The tour will proceed from 21st May to 21st June, covering the most of Europe.. Are you fucking serious?"

Beside me, Kaylee hit my arm lightly from swearing in front of Jasper, but I couldn't help it.

"It's not that bad," She assured, but I hung my head in my hands, annoyed.

How could Brian do this?

He knew I wanted to be here with Jasper, but he also knew my love for touring. The perfect way to torture me.

"He knows what he's doing," I muttered, looking up and seeing Kaylee's curious face. "I don't know why.."

"What's he trying to do?"

"Don't worry, babe." I replied, getting up from the kitchen table.

The day was bright, and the same idea had been running through my head all week, but I didn't know how to pursue it.

It was risky, I knew that, and I wasn't even sure if I was ready.

I knew hiding Jasper from her would make her angry, but I was also worried about her reaction..

Finally, I turned away from the window to see Kaylee sitting at the kitchen bench, sipping her tea.

"What's wrong, John?" She asked, and in that moment, I made up my mind.

I was going to do it. Even though it was half-hearted, it was going to happen today.

"Let's go somewhere," I replied, hoping to sound innocent, smiling when she yawned.

"What? Where?" Kaylee responded, sitting up straight, her long hair tickling Jasper's cheeks and making him giggle. "I can't be seen in public with you, remember?"

"Yes, I know." I answered, walking over to her and lifting Jasper off of her lap. I touched his nose softly with one finger as his mum got up and tipped her tea down the sink.

Jasper gurgled and gazed at me, doing his usual 'star struck' look.

"You ready to go?" I asked him, watching him blink cluelessly. "We're going to see your Great Aunt Mimi!"

===

The street hadn't changed much; Beatlmaniacs had stopped coming around and asking for my things when Mimi began calling the police.

"You grew up here?" Kaylee asked from beside me, her eyes covered by the top of her hat - just in case.

Jasper was sitting tight in his stroller, but he would stick his hand out and try to grab my shoes whenever I walked too close, so the distance made it seem as though we weren't even walking together.

"Yeah," I answered, finally stopping out the front of my childhood home. The door seemed cold and unwelcoming, although I knew it should be the very opposite. "Come on, she doesn't know we're coming."

I waited for Kaylee to walk in front of me, quickly side stepping as Jasper reached out, then followed her up towards the front door.

"You knock," Kaylee suggested, and by the nervous look on her face, I knew she really didn't want to be the first to greet Mimi.

I moved in front and knocked twice. I couldn't believe it's been so long since I'd touched this door.

Soon enough, footsteps could be heard behind the door, and when it opened opened, I wanted to run away and hide.