~ 63 ~

Kaylee's POV

I don't think Brian Epstein likes me much.

He kept giving me long, unconvincing stares while we boarded the plane, his eyes zeroing in on my stomach.

I wanted to snap at him, tell him that I needed to be with this band, but I couldn't even bring myself to admit it.

I didn't need to be with this band, but then again, I didn't need to leave John.

Oh, here we go again.

I always let myself get caught up with this whole John business, blaming myself, pointing my own finger in my face, feeling selfish and wimpy.

I had run away, and here I was, begging and pleading for forgiveness.

Well, something like that.

If only John knew this baby was his, he'd understand, right?

I followed quickly behind Ringo, who turned around briefly to give me a large, cheery smile, as we walked along the little bridge connecting to the plane.

It was eerie, as we could hear the large engine whirring, rattling inside my bones, but I kept on walking.

Finally, I stepped onto the plane and immediately froze - we were the only ones.

"Keep it goin'," George urged, behind me, placing his hand gently on my back. "It's a our private jet- I mean, plane. We upgraded. Jet's didn't allow enough room to pull off John's pranks."

"You can afford personal planes?" I blurted out, walking down a few rows of chairs, choosing one, and sitting on the edge of an aisle.

"Well, yeah, but honestly, we usually bring our families along to places, so it doesn't go to waste."

I digested the information and nodded to George, who chose the row behind me and sat somewhere near the middle.

Strapping myself in, as we were to take off at any moment (thank's George for your great wake-up-timing), I spotted Brian climbing on.

He was smiling sickly at one of the flight attendants, before turning and noticing me staring.

He shot me a glare, but thankfully turned and walked the other way, leaving me to breathe.

I wouldn't have been able to relax if he'd sat behind me.

Soon enough, my seat began to rumble, signalling the lift off of the plane and I excitedly tried to turn around in my seat to face George, but instead noticed the pale face of John.

He was sitting at one of the window seats, unlike George and I, who were in the centre rows, and he seemed to have been gazing at me.

He ripped his eyes away and looked out the window instead, his hands clenched, and I forgot all about George and the plane.

I turned back in my seat and sat there, breathing.

Why did this have to be so difficult?

===

I hadn't moved an inch the whole flight, unless it was to decline a meal from the overly-sweet flight attendants, or squeeze my hands and kick my feet.

As the plane began to descend towards the ground, I felt my ears pop and my nose crinkle, but it was the least of my worries.

I was going to see Cynthia.

More or less, Cynthia and John together.

Would Cynthia remember me from our meeting, when she asked me quite invasive, yet appropriate questions?

What would she say, or even think, when she sees me with her boyfriend and his band, without Jimmy, my supposed partner.

I never mentioned The Beatle's around her, so I could only imagine her reaction, and so far, I couldn't think up a worse enough one.

"Hey, you can get up now."

I must've wandered off inside my head, because now the only people left on the plane was George and I, not including the attendants around the back.

"Oh, yeah, let's go." I muttered, taking off my seatbelt, careful not to strain my stomach, and got up, George grabbing my suitcase. "Thanks."

"No worries," He replied, but stopped me as I took it and turned around. "Can I ask you something?"

Tilting my head curiously, I nodded.

George sighed deeply.

"What happened at the party 9 months ago- I was drunk and out of my mind, and it was nice of you to forgive me."

I stood still and stared at George, who now looked in my eyes and gathered a laugh, shrugging, embarrassed he'd brought it up.

"George, it- it's fine." I reassured, touching his arm gently. "And I guess I need you to do something for me.."

"What's that?"

"Help me to get through seeing John and Cynthia together."