Chapter 17

Adriana's POV

"I didn't steal anything! Why would I try to steal your stuff Kendall!" I hissed.

"You could sell it. I don't know!" She screeched.

"This is low. Even for you Adriana," Harry snapped.

"I didn't take anything! I didn't!"

"It's ok. I mean in those orphanages you were taught weird things-"

"I didn't," I cut Kendall off.

I turned on my heels walking out of the house. My eyes watered. I saw it clearly in Harry's eyes. He believed her. He hated me. I walked down the street and looked for any sign of a cab.

"Adriana," Harry pulled up in the side I the street. "Get in."

I frowned. It was better than a cab. I sat in the passenger seat of my car. "Honestly I can't believe-"

"I didn't steal it," I cut him off.

.

.

Harry's POV

.

.

Adriana's eyes were glossy and tossed her purse in the back seat with a frown. "I didn't steal it," She cut me off.

I sighed. I didn't know what to believe. I could never see Adriana stealing but I could never see Kendall setting her up like that. Adriana tried to wipe the tears away.

"Hey," I whispered. "Don't cry-"

"Don't touch me," She hissed slapping my hand away.

I sighed knowing she was pissed. "Did you steal it?"

I asked as we drove. She crossed her arms over her chest a frown on her perfect pink lips. A small tear rolling down her cheek and she looked out the window.

"I need to know," I whispered.

She took in a deep breath and kept her eyes straight. "What do you think?"

"I don't know," I admitted.

I tapped my fingers on the wheel and pulled up in front of the house. I turned my body and faced Adriana as I turned off the engine.

"I don't think you would steal. But I don't think Kendall would lie about that," I shrugged.

"I don't think you stole it."

"Yes you do. Because if you didn't you would have defended me back there and not taken her side," Adriana snapped.

"Adriana it was in the moment. I just want to know if you took the necklace or not."

She rubbed her eyes. "No. But that doesn't matter since you clearly think I did," She hissed getting out of the car.

I followed her inside the house. "I'm sorry ok? I don't know what to think!" I yelled as she tossed her jacket on the bed.

"Just leave me alone," She whispered grabbing her pjs.

"Adriana-"

"It has always been like this! I get accused of everything and I thought you would be the person who always believed me. The one person who didn't tell me I was worthless and who actually trusted me-"

"I do," I said.

"No you don't," She sobbed out. "You don't and you proved that to me."

I hated to see her cry. I hated that I was the one who caused it. She walked in to the bathroom and slammed the door shut locking it. I sighed leaning against it.

"Adriana baby please open the door," I begged.

"No."

I sighed and changed into my boxers laying on the bed. After ten minutes she walked out and grabbed her pillow.

"Where are you going?" I asked frowning.

"Somewhere else to sleep," She snapped.

I pulled the pillow out from her hands. "No. I'll sleep in the guest room ok?"

"I don't care."

I sighed again and grabbed my own stuff walking to the room with a frown. I had messed up big time.

.

.

.

.

The next morning I woke up and walked down stairs. Maybe if I made some breakfast I could get her to sit with me and talk a little. Adriana was already settled down on the island a binder in front of her and a pen. She stood and walked over to make herself an iced coffee.

"Are you really going to ignore me?" I asked setting down my phone.

She kept her eyes on the coffee maker. I touched her back and she tensed up moving away from my touch.

"We leave for Japan on Friday," She stated.

She grabbed the coffee put a dash of sugar and milk and sat were she was. "Are we going to talk about this?" I asked.

She flipped the page over of what seemed like a contract. Shit. Was she breaking up with me? "Whats that?"

She sighed. "It's a contract for my movie deal. Kendall called my producer and now they have a warrant to check the whole house and make sure I didn't take anything. But it doesn't matter all I lose is a couple of fans, my title as Americas Angel, and some respect from other people."

She stood and grabbed her binder moving to the living room. "Adriana-"

"Just stop it Harry. I didn't even want to go to that stupid dinner. I only went because you kept on pushing and pushing and now look what's happened? All the audition I had for movies don't want me anymore, I was voted as a teen role model not anymore," She snapped.

I licked my lips and she ran a hand through her hair. "Well maybe you shouldn't have stolen the necklace."

Her jaw dropped. "I told you I didn't steal it!" She stood grabbing her purse.

"Adriana-"

"Just leave me alone. I'll see you in Japan."

She turned and walked down the steps unlocking her at. "Adriana!"

"Dirty thief!"

"First a gold digger now a stealing from the Jenner's!"

The paps kept yelling at her and turned on the car. I watched as she drove away and a couple of cars followed taking pictures. I should have believed her.