Chapter 91

Chapter 91

Adriana's POV (When she was five.)

I peek my eyes open holding on to the teddy bear. Down the hall I can hear the door slam and I know it's early, due that the sun still isn't up. I pull the blankets up and over my head but I know she's coming in here.

"Fuck! Ariana!" She yelled swinging the door open.

"I-It's Adriana, with a d," I correct her.

I know it's a big mistake when I saw her eyes darken and she slammed her beer bottle on the wall.

"Stop being a bitch! I named you," She slurred.

She stumbled towards me and I could smell the grown up juice all over her. She grabbed my teddy and help it up over her head.

"You made a mess! You ruined my life you worthless piece of shit!" She screeched.

"Teddy!" I cry standing on my bed and reaching for it. "Daddy left that for me."

"Your daddy also left because of you! Don't you get it! You ruined my life!" She screamed.

I flinched moving back on the bed. If daddy was here he wouldn't let her scream at me this way. Maybe she wouldn't even come home like this.

"Please. Give me teddy back," I whimper.

"Here," She hissed.

"Why can't you be like all the other mommy's? Why can't you be nice and take me for ice cream?" I cry wiping my eyes.

She's silent, her long brown hair is a mess and she finally pushes it back. She looks down at me and her red lips tug up in a smile. She bends down next to me and twirls my hair around her fingers.

"You know what Adriana. You're right," She says. "You did good today. You didn't hide under your bed when I came home. So how about tomorrow morning you and me can get ice cream."

My heart starts racing and I smile happily holding on tight to teddy. She never ever did anything like this.

"Ok!" I grinned.

She pats my leg and pulls her hand back. "Now I need to make a phone call so go to sleep and we will go tomorrow."

I nod happily again and she goes out if my small room closing the door and locking me in. I smile happily and hold teddy tight.

"We get to spend the day with mommy tomorrow!" I whisper.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"I want strawberry ice cream," I kick my feet in the at holding on to teddy. "What about you?"

Mom turns for a second and looks back at the street as she starts speeding up. "I don't know," She sighed.

I nod. "What about school? I'm missing school."

"I know," She turns the car to my other right and speeds up again.

"Wow. You really can't wait for ice cream can you?" I giggle.

She sighed. "You have no idea Ariana," She says holding her beer bottle.

"It's Adriana," I correct again.

She rolled her eyes and pulled up in front of a big brick building.

"This ice cream place is creepy, but it's ok as long as I'm with you," I grip her hand jumping out of the car.

She turns grabbing teddy. "Here," She sighed.

I follow her in where a big lady smile at me.

"Hi honey! You must be Adriana," She grinned.

I nod. "Yeah! I want strawberry ice cream please!"

Her eyes close and open, sadness in them. She gives me a small smile. "Go right in the kitchen and say Mary said you can have ice cream!"

I nod. "I'll be waiting for you," I look at my mom skipping in the kitchen.

I take the seat next to the window. "Here you go. I overheard," A man smiled.

"Thank you," I grin grabbing the ice cream.

I wait for what feels like forever. Until I turn and see my moms car pulling off.

"Mom!" I jump out of my seat and running for the door. "Mom you forgot me! Mommy!"

Tears stream down my far and the lady picks me up. "I'm sorry but your mommy isn't coming back."

"No! mom! Mommy!" I cry.

{So yeah. Let's get this story to the high 100's. Vote and comment.}