Chapter 24

Adriana's POV

"He loves you so much you know," Anne said.

I gripped the wheel, I had picked her up for Harry's surprise party. No matter how muchI hated what he was doing to me, but I loved him. He was tearing me apart but I don't know...I wanted him to feel guilty and maybe that was my excuse so I could still be with him. Anne smiled at me as I took a sip of my water.

"I know," I sighed. But I didn't.

Anne frowned looking at me. "What's wrong sweetie?" She asked her eyes on me and they held a glint of worry.

"Nothing," I shook my head but I felt the tears coming.

"Oh come on you can tell me," Anne smiled.

I rubbed my eyes. "It's stupid. And you'll hate me," I said.

"I won't. I promise," She grinned.

So I told her. I told her why she never knew Harry and I were dating. I told her about the contract and Colton. I told her about Harry and I actually dating and what happened with Kendall. I told her about the I love you and seeing Ed. I told her how I made or try to make Harry feel guilty. By the end the salt water fell from my eyes.

"I'm a mess," I sobbed out. "I just-what did I do wrong?" I asked.

Anne gave a small smile and rubbed my arm as I drove. "Oh honey you did nothing wrong. Harry-I never raised him to cheat. I raised him a perfect gentlemen. And there is no excuse for cheating," Anne said. "But I believe he does love you, I just wish I knew why he was doing this. But you did nothing wrong Adriana," She promised.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes. "I clearly did something," I whispered.

Before Anne could answer Harry called me. I took in a deep breath and answered.

"Hi babe," Harry's raspy voice came in the speakers.

"Hi," I said putting down my sunglasses.

Harry took in a deep breath and Anne stayed silent as she knew he wasn't suppsoed to know she's here.

"Happy birthday," I held the lump in my throat.

I sped up slightly in his range rover. "Thanks love," He chuckled. "Listen I'm going out with Ed tonight so can we hang out before nine?" He asked.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "I...uhm..." I ran a hand through my hair and Anne gave me a look of pity. "You know what Harry do what you want," I said.

"If you don't-"

I hung up and pulled up in front of the house. His Audi was gone and I knew he was out. Anne stepped out and grabbed her bags. We walked in and I saw Niall eating in the kitchen as party planners put up ballons and decorations.

"Anne!" Louis smiled.

"Hi boys," She set down her bags.

"Gemma is flying in now so I have to pick her up before the party-"

"I'll do it!" Ashton one of Harry's friends cut me off. Everyone looked at him and he scratched the back of his head. "I mean...you've got so much to worry about Adri..I got this one."

I giggled. "Thank you, Niall can you show Anne to her room-"

"Adriana! Where should I put the cake," The baker smiled walking in.

"I don't know. Harry can't make it tonight," I sighed.

"F u c k that," Liam said. "I'll drag his ass here myself. Don't worry about him."