18 - Anxiety

You were scrolling on Twitter, then Instagram and then Tumblr. Everything was fine except you were bored as hell. Mark wasn't home so you didn't have anyone to talk to but Chica. And guess what? She was asleep. You thought that you would just take a nap to pass the time. It took a while but you did fall asleep. That sleep wasn't so peaceful though because you had a nightmare. Mark was beating you and attacking you for some reason. You finally woke up with a scream. Mark must've been home because he started running up the stairs. This frightened you. Your heart began racing faster than ever. You started to sweat like crazy. Mark burst in the room and you couldn't breathe or move. Tears streamed down your face but you couldn't do anything because you couldn't move. Mark was immediately by your side trying to see what was wrong but he didn't know what was happening. Anxiety was happening.

Death.

Failure.

No hope.

Pain.

Drowning.

You couldn't hear anything apart from these things.

"Baby please!" You didn't realise Mark was begging you to tell him what was wrong. You would but you simply couldn't. Because you couldn't move or breathe. 'I'm going to die I'm going to die' kept replaying over and over in your head.

"I... I..Can't..B-breathe." You managed to stutter. Mark realised what was happening and tried to help you.

"Okay Y/N listen to me and follow my actions." He pulled you out of your covers and next to him.

"Okay look around and focus on your surroundings. Focus...Now I want you to concentrate on your breathing. In...Out...In...Out." Your breathing started to become steady again and your heart rate dropped.

"In...Out...In...Out." Mark stopped as he let you take control. You could breath again finally and stopped crying.

"You okay now Y/N?"

"Yeah I don't know what happened... I-I think I had a nightmare about you and I was very scared of you when I woke up." You could see Marks heart breaking now.

"Awh Mark I'm okay. I'm fine don't worry." You said caressing his cheek.

"I-I just don't want you to be afraid of me because I love you, a-and I don't want to cause any pain whatsoever to you."

"It's okay Mark. I'm okay."

"Promise?" You sighed, Mark got to worried sometimes.

"I promise."