63 - Siblings in Pain (1)

I understand this is a touchy subject for some. Believe me it is for me too someone I was close with died from cancer. If this is too sensitive for you then don't read it. I apologise for any pain I've caused you from this

I sat with my brother in peace as he leaned on my shoulder. We sat on the edge of a little bridge just above a small lake. I recently heard the news that he was dying of cancer and only had one month to live. His name is Ashton and he's only 10 years old. Mark knows I'm close with my family and has been with me through the whole thing. I started to stroke his hair.

"Hey Y/N." He said.

"Yes love?" I replied.

"Can you try not to be sad when I go?" My eyes widened and tears instantly formed. I loked at him in the eyes,

"I can't promise that Ash." I said pulling him into a hug and sobbing into his shoulder. He hugged back and I heard a person clear their throat from behind. I turned and saw Mark.

"Sorry to ruin this guys." He said sitting next to me.

"I'm gonna go freshen up." I left the two boys to eachother.

Marks p.o.v

After this boy dies it will be really hard for Y/N.

"Mark can you do something for me?" Ashton asked.

"Yeah. What is it?" I asked.

"Can you look after Y/N?" I looked at him,

"I promise. I promise she'll stay happy."

"Good because I don't want her to be sad." I heard footsteps from behind then Y/N sit next to Ashton.

"I'm gonna go inside." Ashton said. He gave Y/N a kiss and left. Y/N started crying again.

"It's gonna be okay." I said sincerely.

"Mark I don't wanna loose him... I love him so much... I don't know what I'll do when he goes..." Y/N said.

"I promise I will help you get through this. I love you and so does Ashton."

"Thank you Mark."

"Its no problem Y/N."