19 - High School

Mark was always the jealous type. When you walked through the halls at school he held your hand tight and stuck close by. Everyone knew about you and him. He made sure that no one ever talked to you. You of course didn't care if anyone spoke to you because you knew that they wouldn't take you from Mark. Never in a million years. You were at your locker quite early before school when this one guy came up to you.

"Hey." He said.

"Uh hi." You said confused. He was new otherwise he wouldn't be talking to you. When guys had a crush on you they didn't dare go up to you because of Mark.

"I- I uh just want to say you're really pretty and I was wondering if I could get your number so we can talk to you." He said. You could tell he was new but this wasn't his first day.

"Uh sure but I have a boyfriend."

"Oh I know Mark is his name? I'm gonna be honest he seems like a total douche." You still wondered why he was talking to you.

"Yeah but listen Mark isn't really a douche and if he found out you were talking to me you probably would be in hospital."

"Why?" As if on que, Mark came up behind you and wrapped his arms around you.

"Hey Y/N who's this?"

"He uh I actually don't know your name what is it?" You asked him.

"Josh." He said with a smile.

"Josh and I were having a conversation." Mark stared blankly at him.

"Josh can I talk to you for a second?"

"Oh sure."

Marks p.o.v

As soon as Y/N couldn't see us I pushed him into the wall.

"What do you think you're doing?!" I asked.

"What are you talking about is she not allowed to talk to other guys?" He said. I got so angry my face turned red.

"That's my girl! And I know you were trying to get her number or something because I know when she's lying. You weren't just having a normal conversation." I shot.

"Okay dude calm down I'll leave." He said then I threw him in the direction away from Y/N. I turned around to find Y/N there looking angry.

"Mark what was that?"

"I was protecting you!" I said to her.

"Mark you don't need to do that not every guy is going to try sweet talk me."

"I-I know I just... I don't want to loose you." I said. Y/N caressed my cheek.

"Awh Mark I'm not leaving anytime soon I promise." I started to cry. Y/N pulled me into a hug.

"I love you Mark I hope you know that."

"I love you too."