40 - Dreams

I was sound asleep with Mark by my side. I wasn't having any dreams. My breathing was steady and I was in a comfortable position. Mark however wasn't sleeping so peacefully. He was having nightmares, his eyes were scrunched up, hair ruffled. He looked like he was in pain. He even cried in his sleep for a bit.

Mark kept tossing and turning which eventually woke me up.

"Mark what's wrong?" I asked the unconscious man sleeping next to me. I shook him and he eventually woke up and bursted into a fountain of tears.

"Awh Mark c'mere." I said pulling him into an embrace. He cried onto my shoulder and I pulled away holding his torso.

"What did you dream now Marki?" I asked.

"I-I y-you left me... And I was so s-scared because it s-seemed so real." He stuttered. Mark was hyperventilating really badly.

"Mark calm down you're gonna have a panic attack!" This just made him worse.

"I can't breath." He said. He was shaking really badly, the tears were worse now and his body was really tense.

"Mark listen to me." He wouldn't look at me. I grabbed his face gently.

"Everything's gonna be fine just listen to me everything will be okay." His hands were balled up into a fist and I gently took them. This made him relax.

"Okay now I want you to breath in and hold it for three seconds then breath out for six." He nodded.

"Okay... Breath in... And out... In... Out... In... Out..." We repeated this process and Mark eventually calmed down.

"You're fine. I told you everything's gonna be okay didn't I?" I smiled. Mark had had panic attacks before because he had anxiety as a child. He hasn't had one in so long he would've forgotten how to calm himself down.

"Marki why don't we go get a glass of water and then we can go back to sleep okay?" I said. He nodded and I took his hand and led him downstairs. He seemed to be panicking again for some reason.

"Nonono..." I said going over to him. I repeatedly kissed his face all over and it calmed him. It always worked. Once I pulled away Mark grabbed my waist and kissed my lips. He seemed to be desperate for love right now as he DID just have a panic attack. I pulled away as I needed oxygen. He kept kissing me repeatedly all over my face and wouldn't let go of me.

"Mark stop we need to go back to bed." I said laughing as his scruff tickled my face.

"No I wanna kiss you." He said between kisses. I turned my face to him and he got my lips. I pulled away as I needed to breathe and Mark whined.

"Mark I'm tired and I'm sure you are too now let's go to bed." I said smiling. He let out an annoyed sigh and agreed but held onto my hand. I got into bed and so did Mark then he held me close in fear of loosing me. I chuckled and turned over to face him.

"Night night Markimoo." I said kissing his nose. "Goodnight Y/N I love you." "I love you too."