Chapter 2

"Felicity!" Oliver's voice rang through the apartment, the sound of desperation and worry clearly seeing it's way through the 'I'm tough and dangerous, so it's better this way' armor. "Felicity?"

Oliver grew quiet listening. What he heard was this: A pot of boiling water was now off the burner holding Felicity's dinner consisting of macaroni and cheese. The water was running in the kitchen - or at least somewhere close by.

"Felicity?" he cried out.

He walked around the wall that was blocking his view from her and his eyes searched the kitchen until he found her standing at the sink. Her hands were in the water, the H20 running across her palm and fingers.

There was a pot in the sink, the macaroni dumped all over; burnt. Heat was rising from the silver metal and from the pot of hot water and the all too well cooked noodles. But what caught his eye was not that, it was indeed Felicity herself.

Her posture disturbed him - but most of all, was the water that was running from her silver skin. The water wasn't crystal clear like it should be. It was no where close that blue sky color.

"Felicity," his tone has wondered to be peculiar, mysterious and curious. "Are you okay?" Oliver took a step toward her and her carmine colored water.

The water was red... Blood red. From the blood that was dripping from her fingers.

Oliver crossed the room with hasty steps. The floor board squeaked under his feet as he got a closer look at her wound. Blood was oozing out of her finger.

"Felicity? Did you cut yourself?" he said carefully. Felicity didn't even acknowledge his presence. "I'll get you some band aids."

Felicity was humming to herself while the blood spilled from her finger. Stupid knife... she thought. Seeing the blood rush down the sink made her see for the first time of how Oliver must feel. Well, sort of...

Felicity's own blood was washing down the drain but Oliver always washed down someone else. That has to be hard... Killing people. No wonder he doesn't like wearing the Hood anymore...

Felicity turns off the water, she looks at the handle - making sure it's all the way down. She didn't even hear it shut off, just the gentle beat of the music in her ears.

"I'm such a clutz..." she said to turning around and about to walk into her living room when she saw that her door has been broken open.

Her heart skips a beat. She reaches into her phone and starts to dial Oliver's number which she has memorized by heart. Her pulse picks up speed like no other until...

A hand is placed on her shoulder. Her blood runs cold.

No one else was supposed to be in her apartment but her.