Chapter 4

Felicity's phone rang in her pocket. She pulls out the iPhone and hits the answer button.

"Dig?" she answers in a stressed voice. "What's up?"

"I'm not getting a hold of Oliver. You guys need to turn on the news."

"Why? What is it?"

"Just turn on the news." She hung up at the same time he did.

"Oliver!" she shouted, "Turn on the news."

"What's up?" he asked coming around the corner.

She walked into his chest, not knowing that's wear he was. "Umm... Dig just said to turn it on."

Felicity took a seat in the middle of her couch. Flipping through the channels, soon she gets to the news hearing the woman on television speak.

"As you see here, The Count, other wise known as the top drug dealer of Starling City, has just been found dead with the vigilantes arrows stuck in his chest." Felicity glances at Oliver to see if he's alright. "Over the past months that The Count has lived and broken the law, at last, he is dead, but now has given one last 'gift' to the public. It's called 'Tri dana'."

"What?" Oliver said. "I can't believe it..."

"Tri dana is the most deadly drug out there now, just being encountered by professionals. There is no cure, but is warned to be deadly with in three days. Already a body count has started. It is pasted by touch, saliva, blood. Please, be aware."

Felicity couldn't believe it either. "This can't be happening..." she said quietly to herself. "This isn't happening. There has to be a cure."

Felicity picked up her stuff and headed toward her broken down door. "Are you coming?" she asked Oliver.

"To where?"

"For starters, Verdant, and then when I finally find a cure... we'll go from there."

"This drug is..." Felicity has never seen Oliver at a lost for words when it came to the public's safety. "Unleashed and we have a chance to stop it. We just have to find out how."

"How can you be calm about this?" Oliver said clearing not seeing how freaked out she was.

"Because it's what you do when the situation get's tough."

The silence between them became heavy, but Felicity knew he would pull out in the end. "Let's go."

                                                                             ***

Felicity was thankful just a little bit that Oliver drove his own car and this gave her some time to be alone. She was too hurt, remembering those old memories. 

She remembered the look on his face when he said, 'It kind of happened.' He almost felt cheerful looking back on it. She knew that he had an interesting look on his face for sure, one of pleasure.

The, 'It didn't mean anything...' that... that was the worst of the blows that he gave her that morning. That he shattered her feelings for him that day so hard, that the numbness overwhelmed Felicity, that she felt a trail of tears that he could have followed, Dig did, but Oliver? No, and he didn't even care! The bad part about it was that sometimes shatters get mended back together, involuntarily too.

She hated when she got emotional about the situation right in front of him, and that 'Hey,' sounded so sweet and desirable, she wished that he could have cared a little bit about her. His voice sounded like it, his eyes even looked like they were sorry... no... they looked like they were sorry that they were caught. That 'Hey' remained her of his hand on her cheek whipping away tears, but that one time was just luck.

 'Because of the life that I lead, I just think it is better to not be with someone I could really care about.'

Those words haunted her, but she has tried to forget them, and every once and a while, she did. But today? They'd be glued to the back of her mind.

She drives through the streets and parks when she gets to the club. She turns off her car and sits silently alone in her Volvo.

She sighs and then takes a deep breath. Focus, she said to herself, people's lives are in the balance.

She retrieves leather gloves from her glove compartment. They fit nicely onto her hands, hopefully, she could still type with these on her hands.

She opens her door and walks into Verdant.

Oliver falls in step with her right inside the club's door. Music pounds from the speakers in the club making Felicity want to get out of the way of the booty shakin' and grinding that was happening down on the dance floor.

Felicity reached the door first and typed in her code. Racing down the steps, Felicity says, "Dig? How long has this virus been out?"

"Give me everything you have so far," Oliver said next picking up the role of the leader.

"Well," Dig said as Felicity's fingers moved across the keyboard and getting comfortable with the drugs make up system.

"The amount of dead bodies so far is fourteen," she said taking over filling Oliver in, without Dig's consent. "The drug was released three days ago and has the contents of nothing we have ever faced." Oliver strapped up while Felicity told him things of the drug.

Dig tries again, "It also-"

"Has been purchased most in the Glades... no surprise there... The drug has been sold at these places." She hands Oliver a piece of paper, saying, "The market prices are high, and the places where they are going to be sold is going to go up eventually. Most likely? Twenty-four hours."

He took the piece of paper and examined it with those steady blue eyes pricing through his green mask. "I'll take care of these places for now," he said turning to leave.

"Oliver!" she shouted after him jumping out of her chair. 

"What is it?" he asked noticing her concern eyes... Concern eyes for a friend...

"Please... be careful. The virus is passed through touch," she touched his shoulder. "Wear your gloves."

He nodded and gave her a small understanding smile. Turning his back to her, he heads out of the club, going to see what this drug is all about.

"Please be careful..." she cried after him.