Chapter 53

Felicity just looked at Oliver.

"What?" she asked.

"No, Walter, he wouldn't do something like this, not to my family."

"Oliver-"

"He would know better, he's a good man-"

"Oliver."

"You said so yourself, Felicity."

Felicity tried to prove herself, "Oliver, list-"

"Walter has gave me nothing but treated my family well," Oliver was babbling the slightest bit now.

Felicity tried to wait patiently but she knew that this particular conversation... couldn't wait. Ever. Not now, not later.

"Oliver, you don't understand something... I can explain all this-"

"Don't you think that someone would have noticed his secret planning or-"

"OLIVER QUEEN!" Felicity now used her loud voice to get Oliver's attention. The yell silenced him and she brought her voice lower again, "I can explain this all, and I'm sure you have questions, but right now, I need you to listen, Oliver. Okay? Just listen."

Oliver just nodded.

"For starters, Walter didn't do this."

***

Diggle was standing without a weapon in front of Sebastian.

"So, tell me this, why? Why go to all this trouble, murder all those people just to turn the him in at the end?"

Sebastian looked up at Diggle, "I'm not going to lie... I wanted the Hood - Arrow - Green Arrow - whatever the hell he is being called these days - dead. I wanted to see him suffer like I saw Bradon, my nephew, suffer. He was fourteen, Mr. Diggle and the Green Arrow killed him. I wanted justice..."

Sebastian corrected himself, "I realize now that I wanted revenge, and by the time I did, the body count was far past rectifying, one too many people have passed. I was wrong, and... I am so sorry for encouraging his behavior. My blind rage was so overwhelming and I wanted someone to blame and I figured that the Arrow was a good place to start." Sebastian loses himself, looking out the window and staring at nothing. It was a dicey conversation, one full of emotion and sorrow.

Sebastian could see his cousin's short blonde hair and warm brown eyes flashing him a smile in his scrambling head. Brandon was everything good in this world, insanely innocent. Have you ever heard of a fourteen year old teenage boy just starting to discover that girls had boobs and an ass and he was still drawing the line and had never had a girlfriend? Never looked at a girl in a disturbing or disrespectful way. Sebastian would know, he was basically his father since his brother got some girl knocked up and just left her to deal with the kid all alone. Then the mother bailed too so Brandon was just left in Sebastian's lap! And Sebastian picked that little baby boy up and raised him into a young man.

Sebastian spoke again, "When I realized what I had done, what I had helped accomplish, how much Brandon would hate me for it, I gave the computer to Miss Smoak - knowing that she was in league with Green Arrow. I figured she'd sooner or later hack it and come after me. I knew Felicity was smart, just... I didn't know how much. She's... remarkable."

Diggle nodded, "Yeah, she is... Where's the cure, Blood? I don't know if this was a set up and you're lying, but man... You have killed many people and you think that you can make it all up by saying, 'I'm sorry'?" Diggle figured that he'd get an answer or fuss from Sebastian but he got nothing but silence. "No, if you want to make it up to us - to the people of Starling - you'll give us the cure so you won't kill many more. We've come close so many times to getting our hands on that little vile, but we've never actually made it so that we could see it... Give us the cure, Blood."