Chapter 34

Felicity stood frozen on the mat wondering what in the world the Mayor was doing on her door step. She gulped and hoped that she hasn't been caught breaking the law by hacking into some important computers. But, hacking was such and ugly word.... but that's what she did.

"Ms. Smoak," he greeted her with a smil, one she did not return. "I heard that you are the best IT in Starling city?"

She just nodded in reply.

"Good, becuase I need the best in order to crack this case," he handed a computer over to her. "This is a computer that I need decoded as soon as possible."

"You want me to hack into this computer and give you some imformation?" she just wanted to be sure that's what she heard.

"Hacking is such a ugly term, I know that it is aganist the law, but somehow I find that it is needed in this information."

"If I am going to break the law, I'm going to need a good reason besides, 'Mayor Blood asked me too'." Felicity hoped that Oliver would stay inside the kitchen, not making any noise. "Seeing as how I don't do favors for free, even for the Mayor I didn't vote for."

Mayor Blood stepped in through the door way, his features changed somewhat, instead of turning evil and demonic, they turned to their normal shape: intimidating.

Felicity took a deep breath and took a step back, What is he doing? she wondered.

"Felicity, it won't be a problem at all with the Police, don't worry about that, I've talked to them, they've agreed to let you hack into this and give it back to me," he said still walking forward and pushing Felicity back.

Felicity stopped walking away from him. He was just a big bully, she could deal with him when she deals with men that want to destory the world on a daily basis. Taking charge she said, "Then when I talk to the authorities, and they are here with me at my side backing up what you say, then I will work my magic and crack open this computer. Not before. After," she added as an after thought, "sir." She wanted to make her point without digging herself a hole that she would have to jump into.

Oliver just stay in the kitchen... Please, I don't want him to see us together, I have a bad feeling... She really did wonder why someone with the last name, 'Blood' was running the city. It just seems obvious that he would try and kill people! And someone with those eyes... They seem so harsh and cruel, but you could barley see it if you weren't looking, which, Felicity was.

Felicity thought he would make a fuss and cause a seen in her apartment, but Sebastian Blood said instead of getting angry, "Very well. I'll give them a call."

He pulled out his phone and she said, "Now?"

"It is of great importance, Felicity-"

"Ms. Smoak," she corrected. She didn't know why, but her skin crawled when he said her first name like they were friends when she couldn't help but feel like they were enemies.

He gave her another ghostly smile, "Ms. Smoak then... Ms. Smoak it is great importance that we see what is in here. It contains data of the newest terrorist, Mr. Slade Wilsion."

She nodded and took the computer actually trusting what he said. Felicity could hear the phone on the other end of the line buzzing and then someone picked up.

At the last second, she took the phone from his hand, it was a thing that was out of character for her to do, but she couldn't stop herself.

"Hello, this is Felicity Smoak," she said waiting to get the person on the other line's name.

"Hello, Ms. Smoak, what's going on?" It was Detective Lance's voice.

"Detective Lace, Mayor Blood just showed up on my door step asking me to hack into some computer?" Felicity didn't want to put words into Decective Lance's mouth, she wanted to wait and see if he knew anything about it without Felicity reminding him, or telling him.

"Yes, that's right, go on."

"Well, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get arrested or something, depending how classified these documents are that he wants me to open." She was looking at Sebastian Blood the whole time she was on the phone. He stood there, not moving, as she got her answer.

"I... Why would he want you to open them? Do you think it has something to do with-"

Felicity lowered the volume on the phone so that Blood couldn't hear. "I don't know... Are you going to the Queen's Memorial?" The Lances' and Queens' have made their peace and are rather friendly toward each other now.

"Yes, are you going?" he asked polietly.

"Yes, I'll see you there. So is that a go for the computer?"

Dective Lance thought about it. He knew that Mayor Blood talked to his superior about it, but... Ugh, he always had an uneasy feeling when the Mayor was around, like he was hiding something.

Lance made the decision that his gut was so set on. "Yes, but make sure you copy all the files. The Police force wants them on record." He slipped her a message that he wanted the Green Arrow to have them, that he wanted to take a look at them himself.

"Okay, thank you, Dectective," she hung up the phone and handed it back to him. "May I?" she put her hands out waiting for the computer.

"How much time will you need?" he asked fallowing her into the living room - past the kitchen.

"Umm.... couple hours?" She guessed. That would give her enough time to crack it open, copy the files and examine them herself before she handed them over to evil eyes.

"Will you be going to the Queen's memorial? I got an invite, you could drop it off there when I see you?" she nodded and he soon left.

Taking a deep breath, she walked back into the kitchen wondering why Oliver had hadn't come out of the kitchen.

He stood there, tall and strong, but something on his face made her think of a war that he had just lost.

"Oliver?" she asked stepping toward and putting a hand on his crossed arms. "Oliver? Oliver, what is it?"

He looked down at her, "I killed Slade Wilson... He... He can't be a terrorist if he is dead... He's... He's not alive. I - I don't know how he... I'm.... A..."

"Diggle was right," Felicity said, "This is a new record for us. We should start a wall of weird..."