Chapter 25

Back at the Arrow Cave, where she was safe, the started to go to work on the phone.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were going to go at this head on without me?" Oliver asked her catching her arm and pulling Felicity close.

"I-I know how muchthis Queen thing means to you, even though you haven't talked about it, and I just wanted you to focus on that. You and your father were very close... Tomarrow night, you just need to worry about him." She looked deeply in his eyes, "Tomarrow night, you need to feel again, you haven't been just feeling in a long time. You've thought too much since the Island, and now tomarrow, it's time to bring back the old Oliver, for just a little while. Like, the playboy can come for for like 5 minutes."

He laughed, "Don't you think a little more than that?"

"Fine, 6 minutes, but no more," Felicity giggles and places a hand on his shoulder. "Now that I have his phone, I'll call, set up a meeting and then you'll get the cure to the city."

Oliver's face fell. "What is it?" she wondered.

"I... What if I said that... for, just this once, I didn't know if I wanted to save the city?" His eyes traveled to the floor.

Felicity made an effort to have her sigh be much louder than nessicarry, "Mr. Queen, having a debate weather to choose between true love or saving the city. Please, step into my office," her tone was light but her facial expression was telling him to sit down with her.

"Felicity..."

Felicity placed a finger over his mouth, "No, don't talk... just... listen..." She licks her lips and says quietly, "I don't know who has touched your heart... She has to be pretty special..."

"She is," he smiled.

"Well at least I'm glad it's a 'she,'" Felicity giggled.

"Well-"

"No! Listen..."

"I'm listening!" he said surrendering.

"I don't know who this girl is, and I don't think I ever want to meet her though, Oliver..." He pulled his eye brows together and was about to say something until Felicity gave him a harsh glare that shut him up. "You love this city, you have sacrificed yourself over and over to prove that... so that people in this city, can feel safe; but not only feel safe, but be safe. That's what Arrow does. That's what you do."

She touched his cheek and he closed his eyes and leaned into her palm. She made him feel so complete, like he was lacking something, when he wasn't with her.

"Now, this woman, to have touched your heart, must be pretty..." She searched for the right word, "interesting to make you think that you shouldn't save the city... but that person has to be pretty interesting to convince you not to do something you love and for you're own home."

She dropped her hand and shrugged giving her opinion, "Whoever she is, that has your love, she might be special, but what kind of person would she be if she asked you to kill a whole entire city for her, and yourself, so that she could live? If I ever saw a woman, I'd probably kill her."

"If I were her," she said, "I would understand, and ask you to save a thousand other lives... because that's what you should do. This world needs saving, and there are heroes out there right now, saving bits and parts of it. This guy in 'Gotham City' he goes by-" she starts to giggle from his funny name, pulling him up on the screen in front of them both, "he goes by 'Bat Man'." He chuckles with her for a moment. "And these kids... They go by 'X-men', in New York. 'The Avengers' are becoming something... All these people are living their life to their fullest ability. They have what it takes to be a hero, and save the world... and they are."

She licks her lips, "So, if I were you're girl, not saying that I'd want to be of course, not saying that I wouldn't, but," she recomposes herself, "I'd be so disappointed in you if you'd have me live, and everyone else be damned."

Oliver stared at her wise face. "Since when have you become so smart?"

She sighs and shrugged, "Well, when you deiced to get dumber."

They sat there in silence for a while and when he spoke he said the words with such a meaningful and soul shivering tone, she couldn't object.

"Felicity, about the Queen's Memorial, I would love it if you would accompany me there."

And with that tone he used, it was like she was on a high. Her senses dulled and a tingling went through her. "I'd love to," she said without hesitation.

"Really?" Oliver said shocked that it would have been that easy.

"Yes," she blushed.

"O-okay," he stuttered, "I'll pick you up tomorrow night at 7:00?"

"Deal."