Chapter 26

Oliver’s phone rang then, “I’m sorry,” he apologized, “It’s family.”

Felicity loved the way how he took care of his family. She saw things from Thea’s point of view and sometimes wished she could go back and explain things, to strengthen brother/sister relationship. But, Oliver’s a big boy, he can handle it...

“What?” he sighed. “I’m at work, I can’t just – It’s serious? Okay, I’ll be right over.” Oliver turned back to Felicity regretting picking up the phone. “Felicity-“

“No!” Felicity shouted at him; he took a step back, wondering why she was angry. “You’re family needs you Oliver, don’t be sorry about that. I wouldn’t...” She took a step near to him and placed a hand on his chest. “Go. I’ll be here when you get back.”

“Promise?”

“Promise,” she smiled. “Go,” she whispered, “the computers will keep me company.”

He took her hand in his and kissed it. Turning away from her after flashing his love a smile, he ran up the stairs. What on earth do they need? he wondered.

While Oliver was out, Felicity grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down getting back to work on the phone.

It wasn’t long before she hacked in and started scrolling through the contacts.

With her phone, she called up Oliver. “Hey, I hacked in.”

“Wait for me, Felicity,” he sounded strict, like he already knew that she wouldn’t.

“People lives are dying... I can’t wait. It’s just a phone call,” she ignored his protests and said, “I’ll use the voice coder... Get back as soon as you have a chance. Be careful.”

She then called on Diggle telling him everything she knew.

“Okay,” she said hanging up.

She sat there, trying to be patient, something she was horrible at.

While she was losing her mind, she got up and walked around the room after clicking on the music station, ‘Pandora’ to keep her company.

She wandered to a closet in the back. She remembered Oliver telling her that this used to be a paint room. They separated the room for the others so that they paint fumes wouldn’t upset everyone.

“Ooh...” she said pulling out a canvas. “Now, where’s the paint?”

Minutes later, when she had found the paint, she started to work on her new masterpiece.

She dipped the paint brush into the thick gel, picking it up, and moving her hand all over the white board. She closed her eyes and just let the music fill her with the jealousy, and death, and evil that ran through the city.

Her mind forced her to experience each of the deaths that the victims went through. I’m sorry, she thought helplessly, I’ll save you in the next life...

She felt how the victims wanted to bleed the man in the skull mask dry, and the coughing of-

The Count was in league with the guy in the mask. What did he do to me? she wondered.

Dropping her paint brush on the table nearby, she walked over to a knife that was in the corner of the room.

“Okay, Felicity,” she said gathering her wits, “Just a small cut to examine the blood stream.”  The knife in her fingers moved hesitantly down her white skin.

With a slice, her finger that she cut the other night was now reopened.

She shook her head feeling dizzy. “I guess a doctor is out of the job depictions,” she said feeling faint.

Felicity went over to the microscope on the table and put her blood on a sleet.

“Hmm...” she examined the cells in her body. Relieved, she said, “Nothing, maybe The Count didn’t do anything to me like I thought.”

Felicity head began to pound harder and harder in her head.

She crawled over to the cabinet that held the first, second and all of their aid-kits.

She searched through the bottles of pills looking for the aspirin.

Felicity coughed slightly, opening the bottle and pouring the pills into her hand.

Felicity’s breath sped up, more and more, and soon her vision blurred. God, not again... she thought.

She limped up the steps to the club. She went behind the counter and poured her a glass of water.

Though the glass was crystal clear, Felicity found a red substance on the cup.

Swiping her finger across it, she winced at the smell of rust and salt.

Felicity covers her mouth and with one last cough, she sees the same liquid on her palms.

She licked her lips seeing it spread all over her hand.

She thought before the secret steps followed after her and grabbed Felicity from behind, pinning a cloth over her mouth, Blood... I’m coughing up blood.