Chapter 19

"What are you saying?" Felicity asked him. "That Oliver has feelings for me and I was his first choice?"

"Well," Diggle said, "let me finish the story."

***

Oliver went back to his room and hit his head on his own bedroom door. Diggle walked in right behind him, slipping into the room silently.

"So... You and Felicity, hu?"

"Diggle..." Oliver groaned falling on his bed, "Not now..."

"I think she'd love it if you'd ask," Diggle said, speaking his mind.

Oliver sat up, suddenly interested in the conversation, "You do?"

***

"YOU TOLD HIM I LOVED HIM!!!!!????"

"Let me finish!" Diggle hushed her and she sat back down to listen.

***

"Yes, I do. I don't think you notice how long she has had feelings for you, Oliver... In your relationship with Laurel, she was there, giving you advice, even though it had pained her to say so. In your relationship with Helena, she convinced you to not give up in you love with her, or kill her even when you thought you should - even after Helena had attacked her. With McKenna, she paid for the technology to get her the best medical re-habitation even though she was indeed a cop, and arrested her."

Oliver sighed and licked his dry lips. "That doesn't prove she feels the same way I do..."

Diggle hid his smile. "Have you not noticed how flustered she always is when you're around. She's never that way with just me alone with her. Those little giggles she does, her dress code, her eyes that glance your way when your around; her body language. All the signs are there and she cares."

Oliver was silent for a bit, but then said, "What if she says no? She's too good for me, I don't deserve someone full of such-"

"I don't need to know how much you love her..." Diggle said grimacing.

"I don't..." Oliver stopped denying it to himself, but was he ready to say it out loud? He knew he was in love with her, he just sort of wanted to tell Felicity first.

"You do," Diggle was sure of himself. He had been sure for a while.

"I do not!" His face got red and anger filled his voice. "Felicity will not die because of me! Because I love her..."

"You don't even know if that threat was real," Diggle reasurred him.

"I... No, I... I don't love her... I..." Oliver rolled his eyes giving up. "I'm tired, and would like to get some sleep."

Diggle said, "It's only eight thirty?"

"I'm. Tired." It was clearly a dismissal.

"Okay," Diggle said leaving Oliver alone to sleep. "Night, lover boy," Diggle laughed in that coughing voice highschoolers used.

"I'm-!" Oliver cried out to Diggle but he was already gone, and Oliver said to himself, "I'm so in love."

And I'll so not gonna tell....

***