Chapter 38

Phone in hand and Oliver's number appearing on her screen, Felicity shut off the car and double checked her reflection.

"Felicity?" his voice sounded a little worried, her thoughts couldn't explain why, but she eased the tension between them with a small joke.

"Of course it's Felicity, a big billionaire like yourself doesn't have called ID?" she stepped out of her car and waited for the cars to drive by so she could pass onto the other side of the street.

He laughed and looked around trying to see her blonde hair and fair skin in the crowd. "Where are you?" he asked walking to the stairs that led toward the glass doors.

"Well," Felicity admitted with a small humorless laugh, "I'm about to trip up the outside stairs. Meet me at the bottom inside?" She climbed the red carpet stone steps feeling like a million bucks from all the looks she was getting from the men that she passed by.

"Okay, yeah, sure...." Oliver said standing at the bottom of the elegant staircase inside.

Felicity smiled at the guard that held the reflective glass door open for her as she stepped inside hearing the gentle instrumental music of death.

She walked across a small platform, under the chandler that was shining above her head in bright yellow sparks. She nibbled on her lip in order for her mouth not to fall open at the beautiful scenery. The two story building was absolutely breathtaking. Below her was the party of all the rich guests and people who brush off the building's design, but she stood there looking at the marble staircase that led out to the ballroom dance floor and then to the pieces of art that Robert Queen favored. Everyone sparkled while they danced, born to be here.

Felicity made her way slowly to the staircase and looked down at the base to see if she could spot Oliver.

Oliver tapped his fingers against his thigh as he waited for his woman to descend the red carpet steps. He looked at his watch and wondered about things he usually would never wonder about if he was with any other woman, but Felicity wasn't like any other woman. She was special, and beautiful inside and out.

He noticed that the music stopped when he was pulled from his thoughts, and he looked at the people to see why. Everyone was staring up at the top of the staircase, and Oliver glanced that way now too.

In case no one figured out, waiting was not Oliver's strong point, but wow, was the wait worth it....

On the inside the building the lustrous light was beautiful with the way the chandler's glow hit her up-do messy bun, accented across her pale face and down her body... It was heart stopping.

Oliver was staring, but then again, so was everybody else. He took an unknowing step forward and his jaw fell open the slightest bit like he wanted to say something, except he didn't know how, or what to say. The woman was so beautiful, it was almost indescribable. There could have been many different make-up styles that she could have chosen, one that brought out her eyes instead of her lips, but now, everything was evenly balanced in a pale tone. Her lips shimmered gently in a light pink color and her blue eyes and thin black mascara blended in with her grey eye shadow.

Oliver's breath caught in his throat as murmurs and mumbles went on behind him of, "Who is that?" and, "She's... beautiful. In every sense of the word."

Damn, did they have that right!

Felicity pushed a loose piece of hair out of her face and looked around the steps to find Oliver. She felt so uncomfortable that everyone was staring at her. She spotted Oliver looking at her too, his mouth slightly ajar, and she giggled stepping down to meet him in his best suit.

She always loved him in his Arrow suit, it was her second favorite outfit to see him in. I'm sure some of you are thinking, 'Well, my favorite outfit to see him in would be his birthday suit,' but, she thought...

Well, let's be honest, she couldn't think when Oliver was shirtless and showing off his scars when she was around. It was very distracting...

She was careful not to fall on her face as she made her way to Oliver, swishing the big bell sleeve around on her arm so she could just do something with her hand and try not to think about all the people staring at her knee length asymmetric (one shoulder) black and white dress. The top of her dress was black, the bell long sleeve was too, along with the choker 'necklace' that leaned in over from the fabric. She couldn't believe she found this dress, her dress. The perfect dress. Near the waist it was the white silky smooth fabric and would flare out if she spun fast. The slit up the thigh was making Oliver's eyes stare and imagine things he shouldn't be, because the top of her dress was very concealing - too much for Oliver's open taste.

She giggled again almost reaching the bottom of the marble white steps.

As the woman neared toward Oliver, he slowly began to recgonize her. Her beauty and elagance could not be missed, Felicity just looked so.... Different. So... alive and like.... she was unexplainable. Mind blowing. That is what she was.

Oliver tried to spit out a tribute, but all he could come up with was, "Felicity? You look.... so.... umm....."

She turned bright pink. Licking her glossed lips, she says, "There's gotta be a compliment somewhere in there since I just rendered Oliver Queen - Starling City's Most Eligible Bachelor speechless."

She didn't even get the chance to let out a small bell-like laugh - without even knowing what to do next or say, Oliver submerged his lips with hers. The world slowly faded away - almost like they were all alone and back at her apartment. Oliver's tounge parted Felicty's lips, silently asking for entrance. Without thinking twice, Felicity obliged him - willing and eager. Oliver was a pro at all of this, but he hardly noticed that Felicity was unexperinced. His arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer, and even though Felicity was a step above him and wearing simple four inch black wedge boots, she was just reaching his height.

Felicity's fingers twisted into Oliver's hair pulling him closer to her, wanting more, and more of that sweet tasting kiss. His slender arms that were tucked away in the sheets of his suit, were sliding up her back, pulling her even more closer. Felicity's other hand slipped inside Oliver's unbuttoned jacket and ran up along his soft and supple back. Oliver's tongue slid into Felicity's mouth welcome, caressing, teasing, tasting. Spicy hot need rushed over both their taste buds and they couldn't get enough.

Felicity's head span when Oliver regrettably pulled back. She realized that the music was back to playing and people were looking away giving them privacy. She blushed thinking that they could have gone on without ever thinking of the people staring at her.

She swallowed, and stuttered, "What... What was that for?"

He laughed and smiled one of those big smiles he only gave away when he was completely, utterly, incandescently happy. "To show all the other men in this room that you're taken, and I won't ever be letting you go."

This has to be the first time Felicity hasn't ever blushed at something Oliver Queen has said, because she could tell he was being real about what he wanted. So, she just nodded, because it was the only thing that made sense to her to do.

Oliver smiled again and took her hand in his - facing the crowd that still had people staring at them.