Chapter 59

Oliver's mouth dropped, "Did you know about this?"

Diggle nodded, "She said something about it last night, but no one really took her seriously, until that is she brought it up again this morning and said she had a meeting with Stark. Now she has the job. Guess it's offical..."

Oliver looked over at Diggle with narrow eyes, "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

Diggle crossed his arms aganist his white muscle shirt, "It wasn't my secret to tell, Oliver. It wasn't even a secret, she told you, just now."

"No, I'd say she slipped up."

"Then you don't know her very well, Oliver," Diggle declared. "How many times have you heard her 'slip up' about something as important as this?"

"I don't know," Oliver didn't really want to think about it, "but does she really think that I'll work with Amanda Waller?"

Diggle shrugged, "I don't know, but if Felicity leaves, we will have to."

"You have to convince her to stay, Diggle, she won't listen to me," Oliver stated.

"You wonder why?" Diggle asked sarcastically. "Look, she's a grown woman, she can make her own choices and she'd made this one. She's really excited to go to New York, I can't even tell you."

"Why is she leaving? I know I screwed up, but she has to leave the state of California to go work for some stranger?" Oliver asked like Felicity was over exaggerating.

Diggle observed to him self, "She didn't tell anyone, did she?"

"Tell anyone what?" Oliver asked hearing the whispered words comming from his only friends mouth.

Diggle walked away from Oliver and over to a bar stool. Diggle wiped off his mouth with the back of his hand and took a deep breath. "Oliver, she's not leaving because of what happened between the two of you. She's leaving because she wants her old job back."

Oliver puzzled over this, "Why didn't she just ask for it, then?"

"Well, she didn't exactly want to be your assistant in the first place, you remember? But she took it, and when she did, her co-workers thought that she slept with you to get the job. Her reputation was ruined and when the rumors reached her boss in the department, she told Felicity that if she ever wanted to be an IT again, she'd have to go somewhere else... So she is," Dig explained with a shrug and tired eyes.

"What?" Oliver asked so quietly Diggle almost didn't hear it. "Why didn't she tell me? Why would she take that from her co-workers?"

"It's not like she had a choice, Oliver," Diggle justified, "she had to keep your secret and if she tried to give an explaination, you'd know she'd screw up. She's not the best with lies, and when she does lie, it's for a very good reason but she usually doesn't pull it off. So, she shut up, and sucked it up. Now, she has a chance to do something she loves, for someonewho appreciates her skills, and be a hero all over again. I can't be mad at her, Oliver, and you shouldn't be either. You don't get to be, Queen."